VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a friend who's been dying to get his hands on the new Z since he got rid of list 280Z 12 years ago (he's owned a 240, 260 & 280).
So he's been waiting for August 1st like he's a little kid on Christmas morning.
But now the dealer tells him he won't even have a car to test drive until the 3rd or 4th week of August and won't start delivering them to customers until October or November!
Has anyone heard the same or something different?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Re: 350Z Availability? (HondaGuy)

Does he have a name on a list? Cause if that's not the case, I bet it could be later... much later. I've read somewhere (probably here) that the first 5000 were already allocated to people that have been waiting going all the way back to March, and if that was the case the dealer is going to be hard pressed to have cars on hand to allow for general test drives.

·
Registered
8,406 Posts
Re: 350Z Availability? (lndsld17)

Our Nissan dealer is very small. They are getting 2. One is presold and one is for the showroom. They will only ever have one at a time. They don't get another one until they sell the one in the showroom. For the first year, unless you prebought yours a LONG time ago, you won't be able to pick color/options/etc. You gotta buy whatever is in the showroom. That's the story where I live. I'm sure it's different for the bigger dealerships.

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: 350Z Availability? (lndsld17)

>>Does he have a name on a list? Cause if that's not the case, I bet it could be later... much later. I've read somewhere (probably here) that the first 5000 were already allocated to people that have been waiting going all the way back to March, and if that was the case the dealer is going to be hard pressed to have cars on hand to allow for general test drives.
He is on the list, but he refused to absolutely commit to buying one until he drove it first. So the idea was that they would allocate a car for him from "the list" and when they had one for him to drive he would say "yeah I still want it" or "no, give it to the next guy on the list". The dealer was good with this as my friend buys many cars from them. Plus, my buddy's not kidding anyone; unless the car's a total piece of crap he's going to be all over it like white on rice (pun intended) and the dealer knows it.
But as noted, it looks like they are getting ONE later in August and they have chosen to use it for test drives and to generate showroom traffic rather than make one customer happy that much sooner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts