VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals,
Just wondering if anybody knows anything regarding the availability of 3M cleaning products in Canada. I have been to CDN Tire and it's not available through them. Does anyone know of any detailing shops, preferably in the Toronto Ontario region which distribute the 3M Perfect It Rubbing Compound and Imperial Hand Glaze?
I appreciate any information that can be provided!!!!
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
286 Posts
Re: 3M Detailing Product Availability in Canada (Johnny_Turbo)

I went to Part Source (which is owned by Canadian Tire) and bought 3M high gloss show wax. I bought the paste but it does come in liquid. If i remember correctly they also had wax cleaner and other 3m products. I guess the people at Canadian Tire did not know what they are talking about.... not to unusal. I've even priced Autometer boost guages at Canadian tire for $95. Which is not a bad price.
good luck

·
Registered
2,331 Posts

i got my 3M stuff from a body shop supply store in london...they had the whole line up. it was connected to the UAP napa store..so maybe they can help you find some.
the hand glaze was a serious PITA!!! it took forever to put on, then took twice as long to take off with an orbital polisher! but it certainly looks great...

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: 3M Detailing Product Availability in Canada (bastos1.8t)

Thanks for the info guys! Just wondering because I have never heard of nor been to Parts Source..where is it located????
And GTI girl I have never heard of the UAP napa store either

Guess my best bet would be to check out some body shops in TO!
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
286 Posts

UPA Napa is your everyday automotive parts supplier. Just check the yellow pages for the nearest one ...... this almost sounds like a commercial . Parts Source is new, there are a few around....

[Modified by bastos1.8t, 4:32 PM 10-12-2001]

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
Re: 3M Detailing Product Availability in Canada (bastos1.8t)

I bought some IHG from Uap Napa
paid $15.80 cdn
and I got the last of their stock!
make sure your buying professional system only!
I can email you the part #
or you can look at 3m's website http://www/3m.com

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Re: 3M Detailing Product Availability in Canada (greengtivr6)

I just found a really good paint/body shop in NW London that has all that 3M stuff. (I bought some rubbing compound for the Westy there today
).
They have the complete lineup of 3M detailing stuff. If you want to make the trip to London, let me know and I'll give you more info.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Re: 3M Detailing Product Availability in Canada (VW Scully)

You might want to try 3M Trim Line. They do pinstriping an auto graphics and the one in Halifax carries most of the 3M detailing products.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts