VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since Zack hasn't started this one, here is the prelim

Signup: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoiODSIoOzR_dEt4Tm91NGtabURjSm1HN3hoczhmS0E

Date: Saturday 5/17 1:00PM

Location: Days Inn. See highlighted map below. Given there is enough room; Id think back by the pool would allow us to view both Main st & Edelwiess. Or the diagonal opposing corner with just a view of Main St

Concept: Bring your local craft brews or homebrews and trade them for something new and tasty. I see it as a great opportunity to try new things, meet some people, and of course, have another reason to drink. If this sounds like something you would be interested in, post what you will be bringing! Requests can also be made in this thread. Bottle for bottle seems to be the easiest within reason. Feel free to discuss larger trade value items among yourselves or even setup pre-trades.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I will be bringing down a plethora of Chicago/area items. If anyone has specific requests let me know. Will be updating the Google doc this week.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Unfortunately my best friend just HAD to have his wedding on the 17th, so it looks like I will not be making it to SoWo this year. :(

Chris- Thanks for picking up my slack and taking the reigns on this one

·
Registered
6 Posts
In other "reason I won't be there" news: I don't know that I will make it down from Knoxville this year. This would be the first SOWO I miss :(. My husband probably will make it (to man the Ross-Tech booth) but we have a dog who had surgery for a broken back on crate rest until the end of May. Not sure I can find anyone to take on that responsibility or that I want to. He's an amazing dog (survived 6 weeks "in the wild" with that broken back before being able to making his way home) and we're determined to see him through this. But he's also doing well so who knows where we'll be in a month. It's a wait and see thing. If I don't make it, I'll miss the gathering and the sharing and plan on being there next year.

-Andi

·
Registered
505 Posts
In other "reason I won't be there" news: I don't know that I will make it down from Knoxville this year. This would be the first SOWO I miss :(. My husband probably will make it (to man the Ross-Tech booth) but we have a dog who had surgery for a broken back on crate rest until the end of May. Not sure I can find anyone to take on that responsibility or that I want to. He's an amazing dog (survived 6 weeks "in the wild" with that broken back before being able to making his way home) and we're determined to see him through this. But he's also doing well so who knows where we'll be in a month. It's a wait and see thing. If I don't make it, I'll miss the gathering and the sharing and plan on being there next year.

-Andi
Propers on looking after your dog like that.

Sent from an iTard.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Well, if need be we can have this beer swap and bottle share at my place. Ill be at Lorely Resort, my condo is right by the entrance to the grounds. It is not ideal but it will do.

Hopefully someone on the main drag comes through so we can have a beer, trade a beer and watch the vehicles drive around.

Either way ill be opening up some good bottles and will want to share.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Any chance anyone will be coming through Ashville? Looking for some Wicked Weed sours such as Black Angel Cherry Sour, La Peche Blanc...not sure what all is bottled.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I will definitely be there as always, from Columbus, Ohio. Zack and Andi - we'll miss you guys this year. I plan on Bringing Columbus Brewing Company and Great Lakes. Would like to bring some Seventh Son (best brewery in Columbus) and Rockmill - but not sure growlers will make it that long. We'll see.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts