VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks!

Thanks to those who organized, hosted and came to the swap. As always it was nice to see/meet everyone. I'll post a "review" of the brews I picked up at the swap in a few days.

-Andi

·
Registered
319 Posts
Likewise. My name is Grant, I am the kid that was from Houston.

If any of you want some beer that is released in Houston/Texas or to do a beer mail trade shoot me a pm.

I hope you enjoyed the Saint Arnold's beers I brought. Next year I'll try to bring more and snag some jester king. What I could get in stores right now just wasn't worth the bottle cost and I didn't want to screw anyone in a trade for a ****ty bottle. There are a few people doing really interesting things around here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Thanks to Arson for hosting the swap at his hotel! Great time as always guys. Looking forward to next year

·
Registered
640 Posts
Great meeting all of you too! I need to get some better Columbus stuff down there next time. We need to figure out a way to make growlers last longer. :)

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Glad to hear my baby survived! Nothing (besides death) will keep me from being there next year, and I'll make sure to make up for this years absence.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Awesome man, you gonna make H2O September?

Next year I was thinking a later time on Saturday, maybe 4-5pm (woke up late and didn't even make the show Saturday). Also there is a park along Edelwisse with benches / covered area / and public restrooms. Might be a prime spot. Radiculture and I were sitting out there having a few beers after the swap disbanded & it was a good location to watch cars.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Awesome man, you gonna make H2O September?

Next year I was thinking a later time on Saturday, maybe 4-5pm (woke up late and didn't even make the show Saturday). Also there is a park along Edelwisse with benches / covered area / and public restrooms. Might be a prime spot. Radiculture and I were sitting out there having a few beers after the swap disbanded & it was a good location to watch cars.

Or Friday

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
220 Posts
So do we try to organize something again? Past years seem intentions were well but execution was all over the place. Either way Ill be taking in a few beers with some or none.

·
Registered
220 Posts
we will get something going. Its been a pretty casual affair the past 2 years. Ill bring Chicago local stuff and take requests if anyone has them.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I'm down. I'll have a pony from creature comforts in tow. Probably tropicalia unless there is another request. At the best western this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
I make wine if anyone is interested. I would be happy to bring both of the variations I've made over the past years. One Cab, one Cab/Zin mix.

I'm partial to Imperial Stouts, Porters, and all types of dark beers :)

·
Registered
505 Posts
So let's do it at the best western on south Main Street. Red Brick Brewery out of Atlanta will be supporting the cause too. I'll bring some Red Hare beers as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Soooo I work for Red Brick Brewing Co. in Atlanta. I just found out I got a place to stay. That being said I'll be bringing 3 1/6bbls of beer and a jockey box for this. I hope that will suffice. lol.

61 - 80 of 97 Posts