VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,860 Posts
Re: 4 bar fuel pressure regulator (powdercrazy)

Why are you installing one? Cause unless you are running 4 bar specific software or a bigger turbo than the stocker you will recieve no gains only poor performance from a 4bar FPR.

· Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: 4 bar fuel pressure regulator (KGilman)

well i'm installing it because i have the new upsolute software its alot stronger than the last and its sucking to much air so i wanna correct it with more fuel

· Registered
33,807 Posts
Re: 4 bar fuel pressure regulator (powdercrazy)

Quote, originally posted by powdercrazy »
well i'm installing it because i have the new upsolute software its alot stronger than the last and its sucking to much air so i wanna correct it with more fuel

Do some logging.. Don't just "assume" that it needs more fuel!
My upsolute software runs almost a perfect A/F at idle and WOT with a gt28rs. So I am thinking that you are going to be running EXTREAMLY RICH!!!!

· Registered
2,452 Posts
Re: 4 bar fuel pressure regulator (QuickK03Crap)

And don't foget to leave you key in the on position while removing and installing the FPR. Just joking. Please do not leave key in the ignition or it may squirt fuel out at you. And leave the driver's door shut too.
I don't have to tell you to not smoke while doing this do I?

· Registered
1,292 Posts
Re: 4 bar fuel pressure regulator (Swampyankee)

I use an upsolute file and you really don't need a 4-bar no matter how much air you think its cramming down your engine's gullet. You'll just run rich.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.