VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as you may or may not know.. there are these little sqaures inside the left and right port.. they are slotted sort of.. and look like they should be cut off.. i know its trivial.. but A. should i cut it out or leave it.. and B. could i run those holes to something (my cai)? thanks..
remove it.. (so it looks black inside)

or leave it silver..

closer on the black square thingy

[Modified by DuckyGTI, 1:56 AM 1-24-2003]

Banned
Re: 4-mo front valence people.. (mk4 turbo gti)

cut em out man. I have a 4motion and want to cut mine out but i put mine on and dont feel like taking it off.
you might get more airflow or you might now.........you have absolutely nothing to loose except .0003 lbs weight!

Registered
Re: 4-mo front valence people.. (DuckyGTI)

i didn't cut it out yet but when I mold my bumper in the next month or so customizing my 4-mo valance, I'm not saying what I want to do yet. I'll post it up when it's done.

Registered
Re: 4-mo front valence people.. (or know about them) i need your opinion.. (DuckyGTI)

Well, I personally would cut them out and run some air ducts to the front brakes. But that's just me of course.

Registered
Re: 4-mo front valence people.. (or know about them) i need your opinion.. (DuckyGTI)

It def looks better with them cut out, and think if you didnt cut them out imagine cleaning the little corners back there cause road dirt would love sticking in there. Im sure it would take no more than 20 minutes with a dremel to cut them out so I dont see a reason to leave them in.

[Modified by UTdaneVW, 2:38 PM 1-24-2003]

Registered
Re: 4-mo front valence people.. (UTdaneVW)

You would get more airflow to your CAI for sure. I chose not to cut mine out because I did not want to increase my risk of ingesting water into my CAI with NO bypass valve. It rains way to much in the PNW for me to cut it out and use it. If I lived in sunnier climates, I'd be all over it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: 4-mo front valence people.. (2K1Jettaz)

well i decided to leave it uncut for the winter.. i don't drive my car much for these few months.. but i dont want to have to worry about snow and crap getting in there.. i guess it is cool to have the option..
btw this is lined up directly to my CIA

Registered

What if you cut it out to run air into your CAI or brake cooling ducts and added some wire meshing where the original aquare was to prevent debris from getting in? THat's what I'm planning on doing to mine.....anyone against this????

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.