VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys recently i got a set of 4point harness for the driver side and was wondering how i'd go about mounting them.
i've mounted the two shoulder belts to the rear seat belt bolt positions but was wondering if they needed to go from left to the right shoulder and vice versa on the otherside
bascially what im trying to say is do i need to cross the straps as i feed them though the head rest to be strapped to my shoulders or should it just be left parallel to go do the head rest?
was that confusing?..........sorry.
heres a pic of my interior on track days. I recently found out that my seats are from a toyota celica GT4(2 generations back from current celica) which was pretty kool. the previous owner modified the rails to fit.

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
Re: 4-point harness. (Man&Golf)

no
do not cross them

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Re: 4-point harness. (The Nothing)

Quote, originally posted by The Nothing »
no
do not cross them

Thats strait forward. I assume you have true 4-points, not 3/4 point belts. I would sugest keeping them mounted to the rear seatbelt housing where you have them, for you know that is secure and strong. I have mine mounted however on the rear pillars, next to the hatch. Granted, if I were to have mounted them, I wouldn't have stuck them there, but it just kinda came with the car. The guy stuck eyerings and welded them into the rear pillar, then two on the floor per seat back against the walls of the rear passenger foot compartments. So far, they dont bother me, and I am in no hurry to test them out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts