VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up guys? lately somethings been screwy with my car and its really pissing me off. whenever i step on the brakes, instead of my brake lights lighting up, the directionals light up, and they also light up in the front.
this problem has just been occuring lately and i wanted to know has this ever happened to any of you guys and how to fix it.
P4C

Modified by Notar1 at 4:42 PM 3-19-2008

· Registered
1,508 Posts
Re: (SanchezGTI)

Quote, originally posted by SanchezGTI »
You can usually clean them up and they're okay.
Baking soda and water with an old toothbrush works wonders.

used to keep a can of wd 40 sitting right next to the bulb trays in my fox cuz the leaking trunk used to play havoc with the terminals and connections...."little Water Displacement formula #40" and time to dry up would put you back in bizz pretty quick

good luck
Stephen

ps great shot of your car...using the white picket foreground...looks like a secret weapon!

Modified by foxtrap at 9:14 AM 3-30-2008

· Registered
3,358 Posts
Re: (foxtrap)

The tail light seals may have worn out.
Which will cause water to slowly leak in.....and corroid.
Inspect the tail light seals and/or inspect the tails for small hole sor cracks. You might have water coming in.
These tail seals have given other vortexers issues...

· Registered
3,410 Posts
Re: (Notar1)

i would go ahead and replace the connector too as its just a cheap little part, why bother with half-measures? you can get that and new wires with the appropriate pins.
as A3clusters and others mentioned put new tail light gaskets on the car too so your nice new work stays nice and new

· Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (PELLA)

thanks for all the inputs guys! i got it working. you guys helped a bunch.
but one thing caught my eye.
Quote, originally posted by PELLA »
turn your car back into a jetta

and wtf is that supposed to mean?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.