VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

· Registered
132 Posts
Re: 400+WHP Turbo VR sleeper (H2OVWRacr)

Hey... The Car Is Sick... It Looks Like A Sleeper and Above 400 whp Is Sick For A VRT But As Much Money As You Put Into It Your Never Going To Get That Money Back... I See Your Lookin For 12K But Honestly Your Not Gonna Get More Than 9K And Im Tellin You From Experience But If It Was Up To Me I Would Sell It For 9k OBO And Right Now Im Willin To Give You 8k For It Right Now In All 100's... But I Know Your Not Gonna Get 12k For It But Good Luck On Selling It

· Registered
3,146 Posts
Re: 400+WHP Turbo VR sleeper (PrMk3Jetta)

Quote, originally posted by PrMk3Jetta »
I See Your Lookin For 12K But Honestly Your Not Gonna Get More Than 9K And Im Tellin You From Experience But If It Was Up To Me I Would Sell It For 9k OBO And Right Now Im Willin To Give You 8k For It Right Now In All 100's... But I Know Your Not Gonna Get 12k For It But Good Luck On Selling It

12k is reasonable

· Registered
310 Posts
Re: 400+WHP Turbo VR sleeper (Dub Inspiring)

i have to say that this car is everything i could have ever hoped to have now only if i could find a way to get 12k but this thing is beyond sick would love to know 1/4times

· Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: 400+WHP Turbo VR sleeper (vdubchop2k4)

Quote, originally posted by vdubchop2k4 »
i have to say that this car is everything i could have ever hoped to have now only if i could find a way to get 12k but this thing is beyond sick would love to know 1/4times

previous owner i believe ran low 12's on drag radials and was having traction issues. i never took it to the track.

· Registered
3,146 Posts
Re: 400+WHP Turbo VR sleeper (H2OVWRacr)

Quote, originally posted by H2OVWRacr »

previous owner i believe ran low 12's on drag radials and was having traction issues. i never took it to the track.

you should've before you sell it, you might change your mind

· Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (PATTYCRAKK)

Quote, originally posted by PATTYCRAKK »
siick! anymore pics?

anything in particular? i have some old pics that the previous owner took, but i can take some other pics.

thanks for the positive feedback fellas.....i hate to sell it, but I'm getting ready to buy a house and I've gotta cut back on the fun cars for awhile.

· Registered
17,432 Posts
Re: 400+WHP Turbo VR sleeper (rono1)

Quote, originally posted by rono1 »
Wow. all that thing needs now is a syncro conversion. Nice car and well worth 12k!

why slow it down?
and why do all these nice turbo'd VRs have to be out west

im curious - if i was to drive this back to chicagoland - what kind of mpg do you get on the hwy?

· Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: 400+WHP Turbo VR sleeper (Juiced6)

Quote, originally posted by Juiced6 »

why slow it down?
and why do all these nice turbo'd VRs have to be out west

im curious - if i was to drive this back to chicagoland - what kind of mpg do you get on the hwy?

actually, the guy i bought the car from was in Philly, and I drove it back.
As long as you stay out of boost, it actually gets pretty decent gas mileage, around high 20's mpg i would guess. Having the self-control to stay out of boost is the problem.
It's pretty easy to cruise it out of boost though with the 6spd tranny.

· Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (chrisbmx68)

Quote, originally posted by chrisbmx68 »
im curious at what kind of engine management ?

stock ecu with a custom tune from atwood at c2. that's why it's really well-mannered for the power level. every now and then you'll get an idle hunt when coming to a stop from high rpm, but for the most part it idles smooth and is very driveable.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.