VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

4ch amp + component setup...

579 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  phreak9i6 
#1 ·
Im installing a 4ch amp and 2 sets of MBQuart speakers...
my question is how should I run the cables?
Its an MKIV GTI w/ monsoon... I was hoping to use the monsoon wiring thats already ran thru the car, but it this is a pain, or running my own speaker wire is easy please let me know...
If running my own speaker wire is viable. how do I get it from the car into the door...?

#2 ·
Re: 4ch amp + component setup... (phreak9i6)

I've been in your shoes, and I'd run separate speaker wires. You don't want your sweet MB Quart speakers to be fed by those pathetic 18 or 20 gauge wire VW uses.
Just run new wires (yes, it's more work) but it'll pay off. For rears, run wires under carpet and take out trim to reveal innards. Fronts, take off trim in bottom of A pillar and by the door hinge there should be a boot that takes wires in to the door.
Hope this helps http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#5 ·
Re: 4ch amp + component setup... (Raganoo)

quote:[HR][/HR]bigger is better. [HR][/HR]​
To the point of diminishing returns..
Unless you are running stupid power, or have very long runs.. the performance difference between 16/14 and 12 guage is very minor.
fyi: I use Esoteric 14 guage, 2 or 4 conductor wire, and that is what is used for the mids/highs in the JL AUDIO demo Golf and Audi A4.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.