VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been browsing around here ever since I got a link to this site;) definately a great community!
Now not to get to OT,
is there any information about availability of the 5 Cylinder TDI engine, available in europe for around €37K base price, here in the US, since its fuel economy is much better and also it has more torque than the V6 for less money than the mighty
V10
The sales person at the local dealer also said that the V10 will be available early next year or in summer next year, as has been mentioned here before.

·
Registered
75 Posts
This would be the touareg that I would purchase. I wish i could justify the v10's price, but the v5 tdi si more realistic for my towing needs. I hope VWoA brings it to the continent.

·
Registered
13,050 Posts
Re: (mvf4s)

For some reason (and it could be emissions related) we'll likely see the new 3.0l V6 TDI instead of the inline-5. Don't expect it here (if it happens) for 1-2 years.
-jamie

·
Registered
75 Posts
the only reason i can justify an suv is if its powered by a diesel engine. i was very happy to see that vwoa is bringing the v10 tdi to the shores. i have no idea why rover doesn't have their diesel engines in the us. i can wait 2 years, hopefully my saab can tow 'til then.

·
Registered
48,226 Posts

Quote, originally posted by mvf4s »
This would be the touareg that I would purchase. I wish i could justify the v10's price, but the v5 tdi si more realistic for my towing needs. I hope VWoA brings it to the continent.

I couldn't agree more with the need for a smaller TDI (R5 or V6 TDI) than the V10. Sure the V10 would be just great too but not really necessary for many people.
Of course, 20 years ago I said I would buy a 4 door compact pickup after I saw them in Australia for the first time. Now that they finally got them on the market here in the USA, they don't fit my current needs and I didn't buy one. Timing is everything!

·
Registered
75 Posts
if vw wants to impress me they should make a hybrid pick up, like the baja, avalanche, ford sportrac with the v6 tdi touareg

·
Registered
729 Posts

while the v6 TDI is larger and likely to drink more diesel per mile, we'll take anything at this point. The v10 is overkill to the max! don't even start on the rumor of the v12... Why are those consumers not buying the Pepper TT? They want to spend $60k+, but must have a VW badge?
VWoA, please help us make the Touareg a success. Give us the FIRST fuel efficient SUV. You have all the pieces. Just assemble, pass EPA and get it in here to the US. And please make it CA/NY approved. These 2 states have 1/5 of the US pop, and probably 1/2 of the $$$.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (rensho)

can anyone point me to some information about the V6 TDI, couldn't find anything yet online about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts