VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok heres the deal I can get a hole VR6 jetta brake set up off a 97 GLX. Im tring to figure out what will work an what I will have to have custom to make this set up work on the front of my car. Has anyone done this conversion if so hit me up an let me know what needs to be done.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
6,767 Posts
Re: 5 lug conversion on MK1 (16vTurbo)

I have a complete 1996 Jetta GLX (with ABS), conversion on my car. If you are using stock rabbit strut housings as opposed to coilovers, it will be easier. You can remove the insert in the MKI strut housing so the MKIII hub can fit in the MKI housing. You will have to use MKII tie rods, and make custom A-Arms to accomodate the ball joint being about 3/8" forward than normal (This is for added caster in the MKIII), if you dont, your wheel will sit back in the well. Also slight modding of the ball joint mounting will have to be done to use the MKIII ball joint.

This pic was during mock up, and much modding of the spindle took place to get the Coilovers on there.

· Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 5 lug conversion on MK1 (patatron)

So are you using the hole steering knuckle off the 96 an adapting MKII an MKIII parts to make it fit on your car. I was thinking of just having some brakets made to adapt the brake calipers an have the hubs machiened to 5-100mm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.