Votes: 13 21.0%
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Needs:

1) AWD
2) Strongly prefer to fit road bike inside it, with or without taking off front wheel but would rather not if I don't have to
3) SUV/CUV preferred but not required
4) New (nothing against CPO, just want new for a daily, just personal preference so put the pitchforks away)
5) Fun to drive at least a little, it can't be like driving a limp dick
6) $50k or less negotiated

Features wanted:

1) Ventilated seats
2) Memory seats
3) Upgraded audio
4) Sunroof
5) App remote start (not fob)
6) Minimal/no safety junk

Honestly I'm pretty easy to please, but I also acknowledge a lot of cars in the poll even at $50k can't meet the first five of these, might not have a choice.

Already crossed off the list:

1) MQB Tiguan, see #6 above
2) Wrangler, too hard to get in and out of
3) Bronco, sick but timing won't work

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I'd say a Toyota 4Runner, I love mine but it may be too much 6. I know it's not AWD.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Dark horse option - Explorer ST? RWD-based platform, 400 hp...don't know much more about them, but seems like it would check all your boxes. The Edge ST might be too short to fit the road bike requirement.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forgot to add, I would like to stay on the smaller side if possible, which I acknowledge the GLC doesn't really fit.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'd say a Blazer RS would be a good choice (as a lease or after intense negotiation anyways, MSRP is ridiculous)

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
I don’t see how you’re going to get all that luxury junk without the safety junk, especially new.

·
Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast!
2021 RS6 Avant, 2019 Audi eTron, 2010 A6 Avant, 2002 Chevy 2500, 1988 16v Scircco
10,002 Posts
Forgot to add, I would like to stay on the smaller side if possible, which I acknowledge the GLC doesn't really fit.
GLB?'

The remote app starter is going to be the tough part.

·
Registered
DFW • ’21 V60 CC
643 Posts
XC40 would fit the bill for you, but it does come with safety systems. Most of them you can turn off or at least set to low sensitivity, so they shouldn’t bother you too much. The app-based remote start works well and the XC40 is reasonably fun to drive (and, with the T5, even kind of quick—about as quick as a GTI).

With some negotiating the XC60 R-Design (T5) should be within reach as well. I know from personal experience that it will definitely fit a bike without having to take the front wheel off.

Volvo’s R-Design trims can’t be had with ventilated seats, however. They have a mix of fabric/leather seats, so in practice you won’t really have a swamp a** problem as quickly.

·
Registered
BMW M3, Mazda CX-5, Ford E350, motorcycles
2,222 Posts
Dark horse option - Explorer ST? RWD-based platform, 400 hp...don't know much more about them, but seems like it would check all your boxes. The Edge ST might be too short to fit the road bike requirement.
I saw someone park one in a Little Caesar's parking lot in as I drove by. For that reason, I'm out.

But for real, I kinda like these, too. I'd be interested in driving one, especially back to back with the updates Durango.

·
Registered
982, F22, E88, etc.
5,430 Posts
Why no X3? In many ways (not all) it took the sport sedan torch from the 3-series, having your AWD and road bike room is gravy.

edit: Not sure how reliable the BMW app is, but this build has everything you want incl. minimum nannies. MSRP a bit over $50k, but IME BMW should have some room even on an ordered car. If you give up the app, you can go from Executive down to Premium which saves budget and removes some parking stuff. https://www.bmwusa.com/build-your-own.html#/studio/e94sy08s/summary

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Nothing 6cyl in this list makes me sad

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Stinger or Stelvio

·
Registered
SC AW11, Mazda speed NB, 89 Skyline GTS-T 5M, 19 GLI 6M.
9,494 Posts
None of the above-Alfa Stelvio.

·
Banned
2,340 Posts
Nothing 6cyl in this list makes me sad
x2.

I think that a S4 or S5 349HP could fit nicely. $52895 with T&P S5 is doable at a rounded 50K, although the OP probably will want a 60K version with 19", carbon inlays and Bang & Olufsen sound system.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts