VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to take a Minute and recognize VW for all that it has given us in our cars. VW ownership is cult like. I can't explain the obsession but it's there. I love everyting about my Passat and the way it drives. I really like it because you don't see a lot of black people driving VW's here in South Carolina. I see a few but not many. So Salute to VW and VWoA and I look forward to seeing the new stuff and I love to keep selling them. Let's all take a moment and rev your engines. VW was the first foreign auto manufacturer to enter the United States so they paved the way for all the other foreign companies that followed, so I think they should pay hommage too. Bow down to the VW.

Modified by dubbluvr at 7:48 PM 5-11-2007

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
Re: 52 Years and still counting (joakim6945)

Quote, originally posted by joakim6945 »
I take it you are black...

I'll be happy if you are right, if not then that comment form the OP would not sound very nice.
I see VW is appealing to many different groups of people... its a love/hate relationship... i see chinese/black/white/hispanic/etc driving it... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Re: 52 Years and still counting (RafaGolfBr)

Kudos to VW, and Kudos to the OP. I have a friend, a married, heterosexual, red-blooded African American man, who drives a black New Beetle turbo named Buttercup, and he doesn't care what you think!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Re: (dubbluvr)

Quote, originally posted by dubbluvr »
Yes I am black. As a child all the light skinned kids really kept me reminded of it. Now, I get the last laugh because dark is in. LOL

Lol me too. whenever I tell people about their red skin tan they always say that not everyone was blessed with a natural tan and beatiful skin
, when I was younger other white kids made fun of me in spain and called me black not knowing im hispanic and not that dark either, anyways....
Yes I never see hispanic driving passat, some of the old school jettas usually or balck people in that case either around MA

·
Registered
42 Posts
Re: 52 Years and still counting (dubbluvr)

First thing first, I am also black but race does not matter in car buying. What does is value, for the last ten years I owned nothing but trucks, 96 Blazer, 99 Tahoe, 02 Yukon, 04 Denali. (I am 6'3 300+ lbs) In 06 the Denali was stolen
and I took some time before buying a new car. My co worker was about to retire and he had this 99 Passat that had crazy miles on it
, over 200,000. I bought it for $2000. It needed a new oil pan, A.C. hose had a hole in it, new drive axle, after all that no problems. Dude didn't know when he had the timing belt changed and I did it. Why I say all this cause now with 222,000 miles I decided to get a new car. I was sold on V.W. I look at the rising gas prices and say to myself "I am f'n glad they stole that truck."
I love my V.W.
So race never mattered to me I was sold on the product and value. That matters more than anything else, lets keep it about the cars.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.