VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my 5K service at Rydel VW in Edison, NJ. Only $42.50. I wonder why most of the other posts state prices over $100?

Regards
Wizbang

·
Registered
363 Posts
Re: 5K Service - $42.50 (wizbang)

What did it include? Maybe they did less than everyone else? Where did you buy your T-Reg?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 5K Service - $42.50 (MiguelT)

Basically an oil change, filter, some recall work on the remote antenna and a general once over - plus a car wash and a loaner (1.8T Passat)
Regards
Wizbang

·
Registered
103 Posts

Call and make sure they used synthetic oil. Some dealers have 2 prices for the 5k service, one for regular oil and one for synthetic.

·
Registered
856 Posts

Quote, originally posted by wizbang »
Got my 5K service at Rydel VW in Edison, NJ. Only $42.50. I wonder why most of the other posts state prices over $100?

It's because they didn't use synthetic oil. I also use Reydel and unless you ask for it, they won't use synthetic oil. If you're gonna wait til the 5k service intervals, I'd ask for synthetic. I change my oil much more frequently than that so the normal $42.50 deal works well for me.

Meat

·
Registered
251 Posts

My delaer fixed my AC problem for more than 1 week and he gave me a free oil change worth $90

·
Registered
652 Posts
Re: 5K Service - $42.50 (pyuhlu)

I work at a Dealership and they must use the specail oil, not regular oil. They will void your waranty. call asap and tell to drain the regular oil. good luck

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Re: 5K Service - $42.50 (DANBURY VW-PASSAT)

Quote, originally posted by DANBURY VW-PASSAT »
I work at a Dealership and they must use the specail oil, not regular oil. They will void your waranty. call asap and tell to drain the regular oil. good luck

Please post on what page in the Touareg manual (or other VW document) it says that your warranty is voided if you use regular oil.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Re: 5K Service - $42.50 (bravocharlie)

Quote, originally posted by bravocharlie »

Please post on what page in the Touareg manual (or other VW document) it says that your warranty is voided if you use regular oil.

It will not be voided. Touareg owner's manual states:
Section 3.4 page 40
Your engine was factory filled with an all-season high quality engine oil with a viscosity grade of SAE 5W-40. You can use this oil over all temperature ranges for normal driving. If you need to add oil between changes, use a high quality petroleum or synthetic based oil with correct specifications. If you can't get SAE 5W-40 then you can use SAE 5W-30.
You MUST use an approved high quality oil. The following terms must appear singly or in combination with other designations.
Gasoline engines:
VW 500 00, VW 505 01 or VW 502 00
ACEA A2 or ACEA A3
API Service SJ
Diesel engines MUST use only use an engine oil that conforms to Volkswagen Oil Standard 505 01. NEVER use any other kind of engine oil in your diesel engine, not even to top off the oil level.
Terry

·
Registered
47,308 Posts
Re: 5K Service - $42.50 (mchatchet1)

Thanks Terry, that was the point of BC's post; Whoever said using non-synthetic oil would void your warranty is wrong.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: 5K Service - $42.50 (pvjq)

Wow - you go to Reydel all the way from Staten Island. I'm impressed....

Wizbang

·
Registered
1,549 Posts

Reydel is about 12 minutes from the south shore of Staten Island. It's the closest dealership and yes they are excellent. Used them for years. However, I purchased the Egg at Millennium in Somerville, about 35 minutes away, and I'm giving them a chance first before switching back to Reydel.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Re: 5K Service - $42.50 (irbrenda)

My stealer up here in Northern Michigan charges $39.95 for 5k Maintenance. It includes
change oil/filter,semisynthetic oil is used
and about nine other minor checks and lubs,eg. door latches and hinges
20k is the big one $249.95, and includes about a half a page of "things"

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Re: 5K Service - $42.50 (spockcat)

Quote, originally posted by spockcat »
Thanks Terry, that was the point of BC's post; Whoever said using non-synthetic oil would void your warranty is wrong.

EXACTLY!!!

·
Registered
47,308 Posts
Re: 5K Service - $42.50 (mdjak)

Quote, originally posted by mdjak »
Hey, Boni, where the hell is my mini? I'm getting tired of waiting.
You still haven't gotten one from VW?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts