VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for 5W-40 Syntethic and cannot find it anywhere in Vancouver!
Since Mobil 1 has detriorated its Syntehic Oil
I am not very picky on the brand, and can go with any major brands like Castrol, Valvoline, Mobil1, etc...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Re: 5W40 Syntethic in Canada, where to get it from? ([email protected])

Delvac 1 is some really, really good stuff. With proper filtration, they claim 100,000 mi drain intervals (for big rigs that is). Basically, it's Mobil's best synthetic plus additional detergents, foam inhibitors, and zinc for exceptional high temp wear characteristics. We couldn't find technical specs anywhere and I somehow got my hands on the Exxon/Mobil engineering support hotline and we got to speak directly to the people who designed the oil (not those marketing it) and we were able to clear up lots of confusion on the subject on compatibility with gas engines as well as sufficient evidence to back their fully synthetic claims.
We use it in our tricked out aircooled motors with great success. My next oil change I am going to put Delvac 1 in my 1.8T to see how it compares with Royal Purple's Racing 41 7w40 I am currently running.
OT, but who does oil analysis and how can I purchase a test kit?
Take care,
Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
http://www.LNengineering.com
Aircooled Precision Performance

·
Registered
158 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.