VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will the 6 spd tranny be available for the new 1.8T? i am debating back and forth over a 1.8T manual or the new VR6 manual.

·
Registered
8,087 Posts
Re: 6 spd tranny (boostn)

I've been told my several VW reps that the Turbo S New Beetle will have the first 6spd and availible in Spring

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Re: 6 spd tranny (Bug_Power)

I don't thing the 1.8T will get it in the Jetta or Golf as the VR6 is the top-of-the-line model. The Turbo S is the top model on the Beetle.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]what about the wolfsburgs? They were not VR6's
[HR][/HR]​
sorry, not sure what you mean.
I meant that VW will probably only put the 6-speed in the top engine in each model. We did the same thing at Vauxhall/Opel. Would love to see it in the GTI as in the 25th Anniv., maybe we will, who knows

·
Registered
8,087 Posts
Re: 6 spd tranny (UKAUSSI)

The wolfsburgs were the Top of the line Jettas from what I was told. I don't think they came in Vr6's though

·
Registered
70 Posts
Re: 6 spd tranny (boostn)

Edmunds was reporting that they would be coming in the next year to the jetta and gti for both 1.8t and vr6 but that was a few months ago. things may have changed. I personally would love to have a 6speed as i always find myself wanting another gear when i'm on long trips.

·
Registered
24,078 Posts

The jetta GLX is the top of the line jetta, wiht power seats, leather, wood trim, climatronic. The WE is always just a sporty version of not the top motor. Its soft of the GTI in say 8v instead of 16V trim, 2L instead of VR6 trim, and now 1.8T instead of VR6 trim. It usually has the suspension off a GTI, sport seats, different wheels, a spoiler in some cases, and fog lights in older models.

chris
[email protected]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.