VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 20 of 233 Posts

·
Banned
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
it has been a long road, and Joey has put a considerable amount of time into this car to help make it happen. we (myself, Joey, Kevin) had decided that we were going to enter this dyno session safe, not run >30-ish psi nor run >8500 rpm. even though the motor is built to handle much higher RPM's why turn it if you do not need to? handle high boost pressure, but again why do it if you do not have to?

on the day of the BBQ, we dropped the trans to check stuff out and fix a leak, and had it up and going again before lunch was barely started. a lot happened in a short amount of time. so, the week after the BBQ, i got some tuning done in the garage.... prepping for the Dyno. got things roughed-in and headed out Thursday to see what the newest engine combo will do power-wise.

Joey came down from Portland, and Ian came with, to the dyno shop we tune at in Salem. we made a few pulls on the dyno, with Kevin Black doin the numbers as usual. we kept it safe, we lowered the boost (down from 45-46 psi), and we kept to our plan, although it was tempting to make just 16 more WHP for the US all-time 1.8T Quattro power record. its ok though, it'll happen.

this car will be at Bug-Run, making some shake-down passes to see how it rolls down the track and stops, steers, etc. there will NOT be any full pulls that day.

but June 7th, Monday, there will be. :)

so, long story short. this motor is a collaboration of bottom end by Issam and top end by Joey, and it is working good so far.... we all know i push things, so we will see how it does at the track. Joey will probably be coming there as well that day... extra eyes looking at the car after a pass, etc.

some dyno vids. and last, a little dyno run of 4 gears.... its violent, and i like it.

THANKS JOEY!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Car is badass, Ive been watching it on motorgeek since the early days.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Holy sh**, this was by far the best time I've ever had at a dyno.

The car made AMAZING numbers, got to hang with the some of the best in the biz, and again, was blown away by the car.

The drag run got my heart pumpin' when the car decided it was going to do a little hop on the rollers.

Great work man, you deserve it.

I have some videos from my phone I'll send your way, decent quality. :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Awsome! Saw this car last year at the Pacific Waterland show over by the Double J booth.
I talked with you for a few minutes about the car and your setup and could tell you were disappointed that you couldn't run it. Glad to see you got everything sorted out with it and looking forward to seeing it run this year!

:thumbup:

·
Banned
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
*don't say doin your wife, don't say doing your wife* "doing your... son?"

great car man, saw it at waterlands last year :thumbup:

it took me a minute.... and a google search. LOL

·
Registered
20,477 Posts
VERY nice!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I love that you built a CQ for drag racing; that is seriously cool. You have to post some drag times up as soon as you get them... and videos.

:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
i'll be at bug run..keeping my fingers crossed that you just can help but blast that sexy beast down the quarter mile before the end of the day! :laugh::popcorn:

·
Banned
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
did some Aero stuff cuz i am bored.....

so, been plinkin and dinkin around, with this next two weeks away from work and all. changed oil, changed fuel filter for the more appropriate E-85 SS mesh 40 micron one.

changing plugs anyhow, even though they are barely used. at $2 each, they are wear and tear items that get changed with the oil.

and so i have been working on closing up some holes on the front end. like the driver headlight and foglight/turn space. next i will do the pass fog/turn space. i want the lower grills, but i do not know without taking the bumper off what to order, so i will wait on that.

and here is the new fuel filter. it was ~3/4" longer than the other one so i shortened one of the hoses to make it still fit.

and i guess i didnt post this either. the sender for logging fuel pressure to the ECU.

1 - 20 of 233 Posts