VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

141 - 160 of 367 Posts

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
I'll try to elaborate better, one time I took the line off between carb and pump and it almost sounded like it was gasping for air.
Then the first time this all happened we had the line from tank to pump off at the pump, when I seperated the line at the tank the fuel in the line came out the pump side. Like there was blockage but we didn't do anything other then disconnect the line.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
electric fuel pump sounds like the cure. The cars die'n on ya when it gets warmed up, I'm leaning towards vapor lock then...it starts fine cold?

·
Registered
213 Posts
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Great job man, thats ****in' sick!!

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
For sure, Tell him Thom says hi...He'll remember my cars for sure.

and the 60'

It's the cars I had when I lived in Clemson
Lee knew who you are, asked if you still had those cars, and thought you were living in florida? Asked how you were doing...
Any who...fuel pump replaced, looks like that did the trick. I replaced it with a mechanical. Going to rebuild the stock unit then keep the new one for under the seat hoarding...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Lee knew who you are, asked if you still had those cars, and thought you were living in florida? Asked how you were doing...
Any who...fuel pump replaced, looks like that did the trick. I replaced it with a mechanical. Going to rebuild the stock unit then keep the new one for under the seat hoarding...
Yeah, living in South Florida for now...There are a ton of great of vw people in the
upstate/Greenville, looking on making my move up there sooner (or later)
I've since sold those cars...working/rolling a 63' as of now.

I hope you got your issue solved...

Thanks for saying hi to Lee....

141 - 160 of 367 Posts