VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here it is, my official build, but the thing is i may need to bump it a few times, because I'm sending it to the body shop on Monday and after that i may not see it for a month. we're getting 3,000 off so you can imagine the quality we're expecting

im really excited, even though it killed me to rip out the carpet, seats, speakers, and gauges. but when its done, itll be ready for shows.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: 68 'vert build down/up (blakiexcharles)

so i dropped her off today.. the garage is so lonely =[
we decided were going to get all the goop from the old carpet off and linex the inside so its 100% clean rather than putting nice stuff on top of junk

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: 68 'vert build down/up (air skooled)

Quote, originally posted by air skooled »
Keep up the good work. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif So where is it going and are you having it painted the original red or ?

thanks, its going to a personal friend of mine in riverside. hamblins. and its going to be the two tone, lamborghini orange, and pearl white

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: 68 'vert build down/up (Reilly2213)

Quote, originally posted by Reilly2213 »

I wandered over here from Mk 4, that looks amazing

thanks!
i figure they'll have my car for about a month
and ill finish it by the end of june

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

ok so the body shop has filled a few holes that i decided weren't necessary, since im giving it a 67 style. these include dash holes... oh s**t bar holes, the air vents and a few more. i am also removing the chrome strip and vw symbol on the front so all of those holes are being filled. also the little rounded parts where stock exhausts go, will be filled

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

so my dad stopped by on Friday and said the body was clean and dent less. they had put in one of the pan savers, and were about to put in the other. if my calculations are correct, that just leaves primer and paint.. riiiight?

1 - 20 of 144 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.