VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought new 5 months ago, Autobahn, and went to do the clutch return spring removal mod - but cannot find the spring. Did this to my MK7 GTI so I know where to look. Don't believe it fell off, so I am wondering if other MKIII manual car owners can confirm that theirs came with this return spring (which makes clutch effect too boosted/artificial). Apologies for no pics or links, but many here will know of what I speak. Thanks...

·
Registered
2018 GTI SE 3 Pedals
1,092 Posts
A few folks have said that the Mk8s don't have it. I found no difference in either Mk7 with or without it however. The CDV was a much bigger improvement and I already have a one way valve on my workbench awaiting my Mk8.

·
Registered
2019 GTI Autobahn
395 Posts
A few folks have said that the Mk8s don't have it. I found no difference in either Mk7 with or without it however. The CDV was a much bigger improvement and I already have a one way valve on my workbench awaiting my Mk8.
The spring really is a minor improvement. I only notice it if I'm really trying to shift fast, and then only because I removed the CDV a week prior to removing the spring.

·
Registered
2018 GTI SE 3 Pedals
1,092 Posts
The spring really is a minor improvement. I only notice it if I'm really trying to shift fast, and then only because I removed the CDV a week prior to removing the spring.
Yeah, I'm sure it made some difference, but that spring is super light, you can move it by hand. A clutch stop also helped, pedal travel on these is pretty silly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts