VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
as stated this is my car i just picked up, its not perfect but thats what im here for ;]

exterior:
-boser hood
-rabbit rear end conversion
-single wiper conversion
-new top

interior:
3rd gen passat leather seats

supspension:
-H&R & Bilstein Suspension Setup

Wheels/Tires:
-14" BBS

blah blah onto pics

just a little cancer forming above the tails that i will get to once i get money

only damage to the car

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Car looks real clean:thumbup:

Personally, I'm not a fan of the hood, but I have been toying around with the idea of swapping the later rabbit tails on my car, but I don't see that happening because I need my useless space of a trunk sometimes:)

Good luck:beer:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man

and i love the hood, ive searched through all the dope/hella/tight threads and have not seen many if any mk2 cabrios with it on. and i could care less about trunk since theres nothing in it and theres no backseat so i can just put stuff back there lol

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol ya eventually it will, i want to put it back to oem with the dual lights and maybe that top lip that goes on the grill also oem fenders and bumper with turn signals holes so i dont have to worry about knocking them off the bottom lip :facepalm:, but thats money i dont have and for now im content with it.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Idunno man, I really wouldn't put that hood on my own cabbie but if you like it you should keep it...don't listen to a bunch of forum jockeys, do what YOU like. I like how it sets the car apart even though it isn't to my own personal tastes. Your car dude.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^^ i agree with you but everything on the car is how i bought it. its not anything i myself chose to do so there are some things i want to change up. i want to go back to dual headlight but i know that wont look well with the hood which is why i would go back to oem with that grill lip that covers part of the outside lights but no the inners. i also want to get an oem bumper just for practicality sakes so im not knocking my turn signals out all the time hahaha. the fenders i can do with or without. interior wise i would like to get back seats, preferably matching black leathers or put the maroon interior from an EA in it and get the top redone the same Maroon. lots of ideas floating around, just need the time and money to accomplish them all. as for now i am satisfied with the car in how it drives and appears and i dont really care what anyone else has to say because it is not their car. ive always liked these hoods if theyre done right, and i like the way it gives the car an aggressive front for being more or less a "chick car". its almost saying, "call me a chick car, i dare ya *****" lol. so far in the cabby forum everyone has more or less been very welcoming and extremely helpful and knowledgable (not so much the other golf/jetta forums lol) and i hope to continue to learn and progress with my build no matter what it may be through the help and guidance here.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i think it looks sweet the hood gives it an angry look . did you think about just finding a place in the grill for some aftermarket led turn siginals ? if you decide to sell your hood id be interested .
i would never put led's on this car but i have toyed with the idea of putting the turn signals in the grill, just a matter of where would they look good

·
Registered
599 Posts
I just took another look at your pics, you might have some rust bubble issues on that rear hatch. If you are looking to return it back to oem, I say drive the crap out of it, find a sweet clean oem car to buy and use this one as your project / thrasher vehicle to beat on while keeping the oem as your sweet back up ride.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.