VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
391 Posts
i have a good friend on this side of the state who does pit bull rescue, ill get ahold of him and see who he knows out by you that could help you out with finding the dude a new home.

·
Registered
14,300 Posts
hmm he looks like he'd be a good brother for Ramsie. Even tho he's younger he'll be bigger. I've been considering a second dog. I own my own house my yard is kinda small but its decent.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Please do not waste my time if you live in a sketchy neighborhood, have more then 1 dog already
Really? WTF is wrong with you? I am going to post this elsewhere just because I love dogs, but seriously, those sort of exclusions are pretty screwed up. :banghead: I am only posting this elsewhere because I love doggies, not to help you out.

[lives in a sketchy neighbourhood with 2 large dogs]

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
to be realistic i would want a pit bull to protect my home if i lived in a sketchy neighborhood and another dog to show him how to act would be nice as well. Good luck on finding a home :thumbup:

·
Banned
441 Posts
as much of a retard as you sound like OP, here's a resource that will most likely be your best bet. they've helped hundreds of pits find new homes, and have numerous foster opportunities. the owner owns the espresso stand across from the kirkland gtg @ juanita beach, and is one hell of a nice girl.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100000548918008

sincerely,

some guy who has a pit in an apartment and doesn't have his **** together :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
If you live in a shady neighborhood like skyway where i've personally seen dog fights in the park.
Dog fights? as in instigated dog fights from humans?

Residents of Skyway not apply?

I know you mean well, but your criteria needs adjustment.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
thank you all

:facepalm:

Again though not trying to be a dick or "retard" i know there are exceptions. Watch animal planet and you'll understand where i'm coming from.

Just trying to narrow down a place. Just need 1 good home for 1 good dog.

Anyother dog and i would not have this criteria, lets just be realistic.

How about this. IF YOU THINK YOU ARE A GOOD PERSON THAT CAN TAKE CARE OF A DOG CALL ME AND I WILL BE OPEN.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no if you have 2 dogs or more already or you don't have a yard for this dog to get out and run on(not big just enough) don't apply. If you have 1 dog and you can walk this dog regularly or let him outsdie. This dogs for you.

GOOD HOME. DO YOU HAVE ONE THEN LET ME KNOW.

BAD HOME DON"T APPLY

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Do they actually though?
deep down I would like to think that morals and the ability to know right from wrong is inherent. That question does indeed bring to light the possibility that people that should die in a fire are unaware and should just do that very thing... of their own volition... :banghead:

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
deep down I would like to think that morals and the ability to know right from wrong is inherent. That question does indeed bring to light the possibility that people that should die in a fire are unaware and should just do that very thing... of their own volition... :banghead:
I concur, circle and initial.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
When I first read this I was bummed for the dog. But then seeing your requirements kinda pissed me off,quit a bit actually. If babydaddy is willing to step up to the plate and take care of it then maybe you should meet up with him and see how his dog gets along with the one needing rescue. My mom has 2 pitbulls...and a chihuahua. Yes a chihuahua. so since She has 2 plus a little hyper as hell chihuahua she must be in the bad category too? Both these pits were rescues, Fawna,the white and brown lived alone in a car from 1 month to 8 months. Payton the brown one was a runt and has an under bite like a boxer/bulldog,to many in the litter. so unless you plan to change some requirements that dogs going to the pound.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Pitbulls Rock!

I worked at an animal hospital in portland for years before becoming a stay at home mom. There are tons of places around any area that specialize in getting pitbulls fixed and finding good owners(but, honestly most of the vw lovers i have met have been really good people, very capable of also becoming bully lovers). All i have owned for the last almost decade is rescue pitbulls. From experience with their breed its best for their sake and the owners to fixem asap. the younger they are the easier the surgery goes as well as the dogs recovery... One other thing i have learned is if u do a meet and greet with the potential owner first then another with POs animals and everything seems calm and happy then they should all be fine as a family. oh yeah and really important its really difficult to have 2 or more bully breeds of the same sex. I have done it with 2 females but the breed cant help but try for dominance over the other(just dont ever leave them alone unsupervised or feed them from the same bowls) hope this helps and doesnt piss anyone off too much.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts