VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
18,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nooo why the **** did you post this. It's been a secret amongst us other locals for about a month now. Posting about it only drives up the prices for enthusiasts. Especially with the online bidding. Well there goes the good bargains.
It hit Jalopnik so it's too late anyways.

Believe me, it was going to be packed regardless. These secrets don't stay secrets once auctioneers get ahold of them.

There is stuff that may be interesting to weirdos like me but nobody else will care about. Obviously all the stupid popular stuff like the Studebakers and Hudsons will fetch high prices. But I see plenty of things I would want that few others will care about...

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Well I have/had a Tatra buyer lined up. My dad is looking at the Amphicars. I'm looking at the Citreon HY as well as something else I'd like to not post hoping people don't realize it's there(something I've been after for; for over a decade now). Also looking at the Reliant Robin and the Omni if it's one of the superior VW powered models. My uncle is hoping to snag a COE tow truck.

The Goggomobiles are in excellent shape. The earlier Packards will bring big money and so will the Divcos. The Checker Aerobusses will be cool to see. Bummer there aren't any Fuldamobiles. The Messerschmidt is not worth saving since the bubble is gone. The row of 80s caddys would make nice dailys. I can see the Sonett body is in excellent shape the fiberglass held well but the rockers are cooked so good luck to that buyer.

Other noteworthy cars
1957 Chevrolet Bel Air 4 door hardtop! (I've never seen a 4 door hardtop belair in my life. It may even be a fuelly)
The Packard version of the Stude Golden Hawk
Stock unmolested Henry Js
The rare Stude truck(Stude fans will know which one)
The Mercedes van
Renault Gordini and the other renault
Panhard
Kaiser Darren(this will probably be the biggest dollar car)
Jag Series/Mk2

The Hudson pickups and sedans are all lower dollar cars. None will have the twin H. A commodore V8 is still a sweet car thought.

·
Registered
30,279 Posts
Is this just a trick so TCL can visit you? :sly:

·
Registered
51,451 Posts
He couldn't turn his catalog into a PDF that you could download? Not even a listing of all the vehicles online? Sure he will mail you a catalog but why not put it online?

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
I'm going to start a go fund me account so the auction company can upgrade their website from 1998. :rolleyes:

How much does ohio charge for a title? The owner is looking at what, $30-40k just for the title fees? Plus the labor. Christ

·
Banned
18,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm going to start a go fund me account so the auction company can upgrade their website from 1998.

How much does ohio charge for a title? The owner is looking at what, $30-40k just for the title fees? Plus the labor. Christ
Ohio titles cost $15 so he's in the hole for about $10500 in title fee's!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.