VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there any intakes for the bv cis-e set up, like a cone filter... because isnt the duel dizzy integrated into all of that??? is there anything i can do????? thanks

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Re: 86 8v intake question????? (97gtiguy)

there is little you can do to put a cone filter on. even if you mange to how effective will it actually be? cold air is to far away to be effective. no if you want better intake. you can 1) cut your air box 2) put a big bore intake hose on 3) port and polish the throttle body but not near the butterfly's or gaskets 4) port and polish the intake and head and the exost manifold. then you will have flow. this is what i did and it has worked well for me. were not talking about a honda air flow here.

·
Registered
22,718 Posts
Re: 86 8v intake question????? (hybrid gti 2)

look at the size of the air filter on these things compared to the size of hte motor. now compare that to say an air filter on an old 350 chevy or something. our air filters are quite large, i promise you that it is not restricting your airflow to the point where you will get any gains from a cone filter. if you want to upgrade it, stick a k&n panel filter in and leave it alone beyond that.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Re: 86 8v intake question????? (The_Hamster)

I cut two large holes in the lower part of the air box in my car. I basicly cut out the two sides that are furthest from the motor ( the side facing the front of the car and the side facing the fender). Throttle responce is better, and the car has a nice growl once the secondary opens up
I do think I need to make some sort of sheild so that it doesn't suck in hot air, though. I notice that once it is hot (mostly in summer time traffic, oil temp 200+) it does seem to lag a bit. I've got the sheet metal, i just havn't done it yet.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Re: 86 8v intake question????? (cccrand)

do not cut holes in it....! From my experiences in my shop seeing people do this, it screws it up down the road.... just get a k&n drop in... and u know it already is the best way to get air to the engine due to the fact of getting cold air from under the head light! yes very kool! But anywho.... just get a drop in... it helps alot! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
999 Posts
besides panel filters, and posibly cutting the box the only worth while one is a 3" intake tube.
take it to a muffler shop.. pop the hood and say "hey you Mr. Sir.. like yo man I wants me a 3" intake DooD.."
$8 later you will have a shinny new intake tube. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts