VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just fixed a leaky one for the passenger side and noticed it's the only one! it was a cylinder about 2.5" long (thought these were only for drums but anyway)
it was located inline down by the steering rack. I traced the driver's side brake line from the master cylinder to the caliper and nothing. shouldn't there be one for each rear caliper?
I thought the 16v roccos had torsion bar mounted proprtioning valves like the mkII gti's

· Registered
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: '87 16v rear brake proportioning valves, where are they?? (weeblebiker)

ya mean threaded into the mastercylinder??
(why is the tex so slow to load today??)

· Registered
9,861 Posts

mine are both threaded directly into the b/m/c....one inline to the left rr wheel, one inline to the rt rr wheel. dunno if it matters w/ the overall distance from the b/m/c?....but mine are right @ the master

· Registered
9,710 Posts

Yeah- one is screwed righ into the master cylinder, the other is screwed into the line afout a foot down the line.
I dunno why its a foot away though. I have my prop valves both screwed directly into the master to run both rear disks and its just fine.

· Registered
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

stupid po

just another thing to add to the list.
like the nice uncracked roof strips he handed to me rolled up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.