VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been awhile since I have done one of these threads. Owner and friend called the other day and asked what I could do with the paint of his newly acquired Scirocco. He wanted the paint polished and the fantastic :rolleyes: red pin striping removed. Unfortunanly time did not allow me to take a lot of pics but I think I got enough to grasp the before and after conditions. On to the pics since half of you dont read anyway.

Process
Wash/clay
-Two bucket wash w/ heavy mix of dawn
-DP Extreme Auto foam/heavy Dawn mix via AG Foam cannon
-Red LC wash mitt
-Dried with LC HD WW towels
-Pinnacle Clay bar
-Pinnacle clay lube

Correction
-PCXP 7424
-Megs 105 w/ LC Orange pad
-Megs 205 w/ LC White pad

LSP
-Black Fire Wet Diamond Paint Sealant
-Pinnacle Souverän

Ok now onto the car and the paints condition. The finish was very dull and had no shine and tons of swirls.

Only pics I really got showing the pinstripe. Not very much of it either in my test spot. Spent the morning removing it.

A few 50/50's

Finished off that panel and gloss was restored.

Only real sun shot I got. Showing true correction.

Finished off the driverside of the car and it looked great now that the gloss was restored.

Used the same process on the passenger side with the same result.

I then sealed the car with BFWD and layered on a coat of PS. Sun was just about down at this point. Enjoy these finishing shots.

:peace:

·
Registered
47 Posts
this car has much history to me, my friend back in Germany end of the 80's tuned this thing up so nicely. He even put one armature board from one BMW inside all in white ... 80's ...

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
How far are you from roanoke? :)

Good work.

·
Banned
11,969 Posts
Amazing :heart:

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice work dude
Appreciate it

How far are you from roanoke? :)

Good work.
Thanks, and about 3 hours IIRC.

Amazing :heart:
:heart:

Hope you charged extra for having to deal with the toolbag that brought it....
He had to pay twice. Money and sexual favors of course ;)

you are a detailing magician man, no joke
Thanks Shawn? Pretty sure that is your vortex name. When you want me to do some of yours?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
As soon as I saw the 50/50 shot, I literally said "Wow" out loud. The wife overheard me, and her response?

"Holy Crap."

Couldn't have said it better myself. :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wow. i have never used clay but really want but i had no idea it could fix it up that nice, im assuming you also have a lot of experience
Claybar had nothing to do with fixing this paint only prepping it for polishing. The proper combination of pads/compounds/polish's and a machine DA polisher did this. Claybar only removed surface contaminants.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
THATS AMAZING >>>>>>> :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts