VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Can anybody give me an approximate amount I may be looking at to have the exhaust system replaced on my wife's '88 Golf GL? It has an aftermarket setup right now that was on it when she bought it and I doubt it will pass the new Pennsylvania emissions. Inspection is due in a few months and I was hoping to get an idea of what I might be looking at. I don't know much about the system, but I assume it's a few pieces and the muffler.

Thanks!

· Registered
6,674 Posts
Re: '88 Golf GL - Cost of exhaust replacement (dunwheels)

There should be like 1 straight pipe and two mufflers with little short sections of pipes on them. Very easy to do yourself, the hardest part will be getting the old one off. A stock system from a regular auto store is like $230, thats what I paid when replacing the old exhaust on my parent's mk3 with one from Auto Value.

· Registered
3,723 Posts
Re: '88 Golf GL - Cost of exhaust replacement (Jetta2dr)

I got an OEM Ansa exhaust on my old Jetta and my mechanic charged me $200 installed http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif It was nice and quiet too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.