VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, only 300! But it's not perfect. I have a post in the engine forum also for a 1.8t. Since I'm actually moving, my vw project has to go. I will post pictures tomorrow evening when I get home from work. Car is tornado red, 4 door and has no interior. I have all interior pieces except for the carpet. The heater core blew and soaked, hence why it's gone. (I bypassed the heater core so that I could still drive the car.) Timing belt, and an autotech 268 cam were done about 4-5k ago..(replaced, that is..)I have a new waterpump at the shop, but haven't had the time to put it in yet. Car isn't perfect, but is still driveable..but does need a lot of tlc, which is why it was my project...but the new place means no room...so 300 obo, because it has to go....

Modified by VTGolfIII at 9:09 PM 11-26-2006

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: 88 Golf Gt, 118k, $300 (VWDEMON)

No no....I replaced the timing belt..and it still has the original water pump on it...so yes, it does run! I'll have some interior shots up tomorrow after work...but it's essentially just a shell inside, I have the door panels and trim pieces in the garage

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: 88 Golf Gt, 118k, $300 (VTGolfIII)

A few shots of the interior, they are not the greatest, but the quickest I could grab this morning! I needed to start it anyway

Although a bit hard to decipher, this is the one bad spot on the interior of the car...the rest is just junk from when the heater core blew, but on the corner in front of the driver's side seat is has started to rust fairly badly...

But, as I said, it's a project...and unfortunately can't be my project anymore...it runs and drives, I took it to detroit in January..although I wouldn't try it now without heat and an interior....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.