VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Out shooting today... :thumbup:

As I got the IMSA crankshaft, I am thinking about building a sort of Sport Quattro engine.
Basis would be 2190cm² in normal cast-iron block, standard head and KW style exhaust manifold (if not getting a Wagner for K24/26 flange). Theoretically limited at 8500 rpms.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
As I got the IMSA crankshaft, I am thinking about building a sort of Sport Quattro engine.
Basis would be 2190cm² in normal cast-iron block, standard head and KW style exhaust manifold (if not getting a Wagner for K24/26 flange). Theoretically limited at 8500 rpms.
No big news actually, but I'm getting a Sport Quattro turbo to match with the original exhaust manifold.
Will try to get some ideas of figures from James B, but I believe this is capable of 450hp on 1.3BARg.
But look at the graphs anno 1983, my Lehmann 10V has more torque, and it drops at top rpm - how will this be on a valver? Don't know, but the K27 turbo is according to rallye documentations atleast.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
James (Fusilier) has such a great writeup on the old style KKKs on his homepage, so I will not elaborate further over this. The thing I can say however is that I am a bit puzzled that the in-port of the K26/24-7200 RS2 unit has a straigh inlet port, whereas this K27 has a coned one from approx 62 to 46mm.

Note how the backplate also has the K28 numbers. Sadly no idea what these represent though.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Beautiful ride.:thumbup:

·
Registered
709 Posts

From a friendship, where I somewhat supported with details in the restoration of two old rallye Quattros and a finished rallye Sport Quattro, I hope to get some input on the rallycar shafts. Also on its way from Germany are some Die Wethje parts.

holy **** that shaft is awesome,do you think he has got anotherone?,i would love to use that for my audi 80 competition

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
I believe a lot of spares are for sale, as they also purchased some S2000 cars for more fun-activities.

Not sure on pictures gone missing, or if I just forgot to present the ones we shot for the magazine.
So here goes!

edit: look how aweful those speakers look! 1. pri to change them out with something more descrete.
Been thinking of Infinity 693.11 or what they're called, a bit of oldskool plastics look.

Purchases Samco induction kit, but it's not to my taste with black/red brick color combination.
eBay add even stated available in brick red only, so there's a hot tip for you!

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Might be some parts (rear spoiler?) being painted, but generally it has only gotten a round of clear coat. Over the stripes and such "of course". :banghead:

Trying to sort out some "upgrades" to get a tighter steering and driving feel to the car.
The old rubber from 1988 might need some swaps to do that...
So are "we" all purchasing from seekparts24?

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Stumbled across an offer I simply couldn't refuse...
Being at home (due family matters and sick leave due grief) I had the time for a small trip.

Gathered nothing less than a cast alloy Audi Sport block from the rallye Quattro A2.
I am requesting some historic input on this, due 10V or 20V route.
This suits very well for my Gr B engine parts-gathering. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I am happy atleast! Will try to figure out some header on this, and most likely it will be standard 10V with repro or non-OEM parts. Might do it as simple as standard header, 270° cam and replica plenum/inlet and exhaust manifolds.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Been struggling with the brakes again/still.

First I sprayed WD-40 on the handbrake-mechanism to prevent "locking", handforced it back into normal position, and it still slightly rubbed.

So a drove it a little to see if it helped, heated brakes. Left the car at the garage for a while, started going back to the storage very slowly - overheating, pedal to the floor.

Not very impressed by these brakes. Not sure if EBC items gives worse clearance aswell...

21 - 40 of 60 Posts