VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
88 Scirocco 16v 1.8t/02j swap Boston $5000

Fairly clean Scirocco 16v chassis with 1.8t swap.
Engine is an APH from a beetle, this has the AEB rods and Pistons in an 06a block from the factory. Epytech mounts for 06a/02j.
Custom Turbo setup from a Volvo S60R. Very potent turbo with great spool.
Also has United Motorsports stage 3 aeb tune with new Deka injectors, vr6 maf.
Southbend stage 2 clutch and 14lb steel flywheel. Audi TT factory short shifter.
New timing belt with 16v mechanical tensioner.
New radiator.
Good sized vertical flow front mount intercooler.
3" stainless downpipe with flex pipe and v band to a Techtonics exhaust.
Bilstein sports and lowering springs. Refinished BBS RAs with newish BF Goodrich Sport Comp 2s.
Euro bumpers and turn signals and cluster, Stack boost gauge.
The list goes on and on.
Also done: New gas tank, new fuel lines and pump, all new brake lines--hard and soft. New TRW master cylinder, 3 rebuilt calipers. Poly bushings throughout. The car really has been completely gone through. Drives great and is obscenely fast--M3s, stage 3 S4s etc almost seem slow. Surprisingly drivable as well with the 02j and southbend clutch, and quick spool.

Body is definitely a 10+ footer: I get compliments all the time, but it definitely has its flaws. Luckily underneath is surprisingly rust free. Just a few small spots; one near one of the windows, one of the doors is bubbling, and the hatch has a small spot too. Fender and hood have some dings. Rear quarters are nice and straight though, no rust in the rockers.

Car has the black and grey cloth interior.

I can get more pics if needed.
860-593-6498 (Marty) Call, text, or email. I have an autocheck from when I bought the car that I can send you.
$5000 OBO

1 - 9 of 9 Posts