VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Its in my garage its been there for maybe 15+ years. Was running last time I took it out. there was some sort of issue like a vacuum leek on the engine we put in it. just lost interest have not touched it in so long its on blocks of wood.

I have alot of parts. if some one is interested its in very good shape let me know. if no one makes me a decent offer on it I will keep it and eventually tear it down and convert to electric. but for now its taking up space. clean title.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
maroonred 89 fox

maroon red, not sure of a price its been in the garage under a bunch of stuff for a decade not sure there is much rust but its been a good long while. I was hoping to clear the stuff off and take some shots after I wash ten years of dust off it.. I put it on some blocks eating up garage space for many years.

the reason i kept it was because of the lack of rust.. my garage is a few days work to dig it out.. but would do so if there is some genuine interest. and a decent offer. beyond that I will eventually get it up and running.. but would be defiantly cheaper now that its under crap..

passenger fender might have a dent and the side mirror was hit at one point.. that was the worst I rember.. was bought new drove for many years then someone did not maintain the engine and it blew and that was replaced and it was running but never ran exactly right figured it was a vacuum leek someplace and was not properly hooked back up.spent some money on it back in the day eventually replaced it just sort of forgot about it for a bit.

Color ? Price? Pictures? Rust?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
be nice to sell this

If anyone wants to see it I am located In oshawa, Ontario, canada.

If you give me some time i will try to take some stuff off it.

I kept it because it remind me of the vw truck. Right now I need space.

It has a dent in the fender something that looks like it could be poped out. the side mirror was hit backing into the garage. Engine I have not run it for a good while. I listed it because reality is I need space and should let people know I have it.

I do not want to literately give it away. I am thinking next year i will get it to certification level and sell it certified. For more value. The engine is not the original and I do not think its timed or vacuum leek or who knows I want to pull it out and rework it all. This is a simple fun to work on car unlike my more modern cars .

I am looking for a serious buyer I have carefully stored it for all these years with dreams of many sorts for it.
The paint is faded I have placed cardboard on top and some light boxs of vw parts are on top of it along with a old antenna

If I take a picture now all you will see is a outline of a buried car in my garage. sorta not worth it. i did put it on blocks but image the brakes and alot will be needed to be reworked.

i have gotten a few response but I have not had time to clear things. so more been avoiding showing it but I do need to clear it eventually from the garage since I do need the space so let me know when is a good time send me your contact info and i will try to accommodate

If I do not get what I want I will not sell it. The space is not urgent just yet

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I finally took time to dig out the junk and tires. (did I mention I have the original rims for this car) had it on some carboard (to not scratch the paint) on the hood.. over the years everything from insulation to spare parts have been placed on it.

Let me know

Oshawa Ontario canada

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I was around you could of came to see it regardless if you where buying or not. It is still for sale. i am slowly moving stuff off it and eventually roll it out of the garage.
Ha. Somebody needs to buy this poor thing. Directed somebody to this thread recently saying that it's probably still for sale, but it didn't sound like they were very interested in this car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.