VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DONT flame me, i tried to use the search function but found diddly squat. A 92 8V Digifant engine? What is the stock power and what can i expect in terms of upgradability from this engine?. Thanks http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif .

[Modified by Brinx, 3:22 AM 3-23-2003]

·
Registered
439 Posts
Re: 8V Digifant... What power does it put down? (Brinx)

No one is going to flame you. Stock power is 105 hp. You can put in AMS chip which will help you get more power in the high rev range and add a dual down pipe and Jetex exhaust for an additional 10 hp. Don't forget the K&N airfilter in the box.
Anything more will require you to get into the engine; cams, adjustable timeng gear, etc.
JT

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
Re: 8V Digifant... What power does it put down? (JoeT)

Also look into a dual outlet manifold and downpipe, and if u dont feel like sending your ECU away to get worked on, the CSW chip vw_pilot sells on here its pretty good, im from ottawa as well, so if u got questions u can IM me, i got the same ole 8v as u

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I dont have it yet.. its getting checked out thoroughly by a tech prior to purchase.. if he gives me the ok its time to have some fun
Its a 92 8V GTI..
I just gotta wait till monday to see if its ok or not which makes me
BTW I thought the 92's already came with dual down pipes? Thanks for the respones guys, really appreciate it.

[Modified by Brinx, 3:08 AM 3-23-2003]

·
Registered
439 Posts

no you are confusing 16V GTI with 8V. The 8V GTI is basically just a Golf with a better interior. THere is nothing performance oriented about the stock version.
Unless the block is cracked or the thing drinks oil, there is no reason not to get it. Parts are plentiful, its easy to work on and very reliable.
Most likely you'll have to replace your fuel pumps (two of them) at some point soon, maybe radiator and water pump. Everything seems to run forever
JT

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
Re: 8V Digifant... What power does it put down? (JoeT)

AHh yea i read your post on OVD, ya get Advanced to give u their word on it, its a nice car to start with and like said u can do a lot with it, swaps and such

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: 8V Digifant... What power does it put down? (pubahs)

Yep, my only concern is what looks to be like oil around the block. Now it could just be filth and grime, but then again could burn oil like mad. Its not like he is asking cheap for the car, which is why im having it checked out.
Again thanks guys,
to both of you for great info. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
439 Posts

It probably jsut years of blow off. Even if there is a leak, its nothing more than just replacing the gasket. I hope it checks out, be cool to have another Montana Green on here

1 - 8 of 8 Posts