VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Re: A/C Removal on power steering equipped cars!!! (H2091)

I had a question for you I asked Geroge of Toywagen and this was his response to using a stock non-ac pulley on a 90 jetta.... obviously there is a discrepancy of what will work......any further info you can offer will be helpful thanks
If you use the stock non-ac pulley you need to change the other pulleys as well(crank). My pulley lines up the belt with the crank pulley that is there already. All you have to do to change it over is change the alt pulley and belt.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Re: (Aurora_GL)

Quote, originally posted by Aurora_GL »
a cam with a G stamped on it does not make it the G-grind solid lifter cam that people rave abt. most 8v cams have that G stamp.

is this the same cus mine is stock standard from the factory

Modified by fourie_marius at 10:14 AM 6-12-2009

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Re: (SpoolinJetta18T)

check the head
4 caps = hydro
5 caps = solid

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Re: (SpoolinJetta18T)

the caps that keeps the cam connected to the head. check out mine. it is a hydro cus there is 4 caps

Modified by fourie_marius at 10:15 AM 6-12-2009

·
Registered
89 Posts
Re: 8V FAQ (Coolwhite Fox)

help please.
i purchased a 90 cabriolet back in november. at the time it was running fine but needed a new tranny. i was able to drive it up onto the dolly though when i bought it. it sat over the winter and in the spring i did the tranny swap plus some other upgrades to the brakes and suspension. nothing though to the engine. now i can't get it to run. it tries to fire but it isn't getting any fuel. the pump is working fine. i disconnected the fuel line to the rail and had a friend hit the key and gas squirted out so that's fine. i've got good spark to all the plugs but it appears that the electric fuel injectors aren't working. any ideas on what could be causing them not to receive a signal? i'd appreciate any help. [email protected]
thanks
mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
Re: 8V FAQ (m_shea)

Gas mileage on the 1.8L 8v GTI's? Looking to pick one up, currently have a 2000 lexus es300 that gets round 20mpg :-( such a hog. Might consider turboing a 8v my buddy has. Thanks for your help and hopefully I become a Vdubber soon enough!

·
Registered
1,857 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'm looking for a 1.8 8v timing belt procedure for a 89 Golf 1.8 auto. First link in this FAQ doesn't work and I didn't do well searching.
I found an excellent procedure for the 2.0 here but now I need a 1.8.
Recommendations/links please.
Thanks,
Dave

101 - 120 of 126 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.