VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is My 91 GTI. This has been a project of mine for the past year. It is about 97% complete. The body of the car has 207,XXX miles on it. I bought the motor with 94,000 miles on it. Ive put about 6,000 miles on the swap. The car runs strong but it sputters and runs rich because i havent hooked the O2 sensor up yet. I was planning on getting a chip for the car and eliminate the O2 sensor altogher. This car needs some work but would make a great project or winter beater. Im selling it becase i just got a new project so im moving up to a VR6.
The Good:
-95 Jetta OBD 1 rossflow motor and transmission
-Sachs Stock clutch and Eurosport lightweight flywheel
-All New:
starter, Intake manifold gaskets, Oil pan, pump, and gasket, Mass airflow sensor, temp sensor, plugs, wires, cap and rotor, coil, oil pump gasket, valve cover gasket, throtle body gasket, battery, K & N cone filter,
-I have the rims seen in the picture, and i also have a set of snowflakes i can get from my friend, the rims in the picture i traded my friend for the lowering springs i had on the car. i dont know how they ride because i just put them on I wouldnt drive the car with those on there because their way to big and look reduiculous

The Bad:
-the exaust is just a glasspack muffler i threw on for giggles. its really loud and would not pass inspection.
- there is an oil leak on the oil cooler where the oil filter screws in. its not a big deal i just forgot to replace the gasket when i replced the flange gasket thats on the motor piece side the oil pump housing.
-the oxygen sensor needs to be wired up, right now the car runs but it runs in limp mode because of the oxygen sensor, It runs rich and has some power loss. I replaced all the other sensors in the car. I have a new O2 sensor.
-Has some dents and dings on the body,
-Roof Rack does not come with the car!!!
Extra Parts:
-Alternater
-Dual fan radiator
-Header (I think its a Pacesetter)
-distributor, and coil
-mass air flow sensor
-springs and shocks
-fuel rail, injecters
-lots of random parts
Previous pics when the car was lowered:
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Heres the current pics of the car:

Im asking $2,500 obo.

Modified by DeviousDub at 12:31 AM 10-30-2007

Modified by DeviousDub at 12:33 AM 10-30-2007

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 91 Mk II GTI, ABA Crossflow Swap!!! (xxxdubb)

there isnt any rust at all. there is a scratch along the drivers side fender and door and a dent in the hatch and on the divers side rear in front of the tail light. overall its in good condition. i priced out an already painted fender and doorskin from a VW shop close to me and he said i could get a used door skin and front fender for 100$. the rest of the body is good http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Re: 91 Mk II GTI, ABA Crossflow Swap!!! (DeviousDub)

ttt

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Re: 91 Mk II GTI, ABA Crossflow Swap!!! (DeviousDub)

Quote, originally posted by DeviousDub »
That would be my parents. its only V-Dubs for me
How did you know that?

My parents own it now

On Topic- Looking for anything trade wise?

Modified by Binary_Finary at 12:42 PM 10-30-2007

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: 91 Mk II GTI, ABA Crossflow Swap!!! (xxxdubb)

i still have the tags on the car but the insurance is off of it. i dont know when i would have time to drive anywhere. Im asking $2,500 but im open to offers i need it gone and dont have time to fix it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.