VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas on why a 91 Passat would have shifting problems. I have 1 thru 3 but no od. It drives fine in those gears.

·
Registered
13,383 Posts
Re: 91 pasat shifting funny (V-Dub Starz)

Quote, originally posted by V-Dub Starz »
Any ideas on why a 91 Passat would have shifting problems. I have 1 thru 3 but no od. It drives fine in those gears.

Auto or stick?

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Re: 91 pasat shifting funny (Non_Affiliated)

Quote, originally posted by Non_Affiliated »

Auto or stick?

No od?
od = overdrive = automatic

·
Registered
13,383 Posts
Re: 91 pasat shifting funny (Dub boy)

Thats what I was figuring, but hey I have a 91 Corrado Auto and where is my od? I believe they had the same tranny, I believe overdrive wasn't even an option back then I could be wrong.

·
Registered
13,383 Posts
Re: (ilomax)

Well have you changed your tranny fluid? If you haven't in a while I would suggest it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

its a auto with overdrive. The fluid looks dark. I am going to try to flush it. I will let you know what happens.

·
Registered
107 Posts

Dont do it...... got to Bug aid in n. seattle! spend the 150 on having a good shop tell you whats wrong with it instead of a guess....
It could be a 20 dollor fix. if you DO have a bad trans, no matter how much money you toss at it. its gone.............
Do it right not half assed!!! I know i did.

k

·
Registered
13,383 Posts
Re: 91 pasat shifting funny (Hotwheelsg60)

Quote, originally posted by Hotwheelsg60 »
Dont do it...... got to Bug aid in n. seattle! spend the 150 on having a good shop tell you whats wrong with it instead of a guess....
It could be a 20 dollor fix. if you DO have a bad trans, no matter how much money you toss at it. its gone.............
Do it right not half assed!!! I know i did.

k

Oh ok, pay $150 so thay can tell you you need to change tranny fluid, then tell ya it's another $150 for a tranny oil change.

What motor and tranny do you have?

Modified by Non_Affiliated at 7:36 PM 11-1-2007

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Got it taken care of. Flushed the system here at home and adjusted the tranny offa a tdi site suggestion. Man for an auto wagon its a little screamer. Thanks for the help everyone.

·
Registered
13,383 Posts

Quote, originally posted by V-Dub Starz »
Got it taken care of. Flushed the system here at home and adjusted the tranny offa a tdi site suggestion. Man for an auto wagon its a little screamer. Thanks for the help everyone.

Yeah that fluid gets dirty along with the filter and them things get to actin funny. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Re: 91 pasat shifting funny (Non_Affiliated)

The b3 auto trannys are prone for failure not the best tranny vw ever made

·
Registered
808 Posts
Re: 91 pasat shifting funny (mike2coupe)

Quote, originally posted by mike2coupe »
probably has no clutch material left in the packs mine was like that.

x2
flushing it probably only put a bandaid on it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: 91 pasat shifting funny (LILME)

Well heres and update. My B3 was acting up and I decided it was time to break out the big guns and blow her up...... I actually broke out the vag-com when I scanned it she showed a bunch of ground faults. so I went chasing the grounds and found a few that had issues. aka all fixed now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts