VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
UPDATE. New manifold arrived. Old one had a t25 flange on it so I had to return it and get a new one

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
UPDATE: installed turbo manifold today and fitted the wastegate. Wastegate is to big was hitting power steering rack so have to order a smaller one. Ordered a 6 Puck clutch because of the price.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Got a new wastegate today should be installing it tomorrow plus mounted the turbo. Had to hammer the firewall and it still just fits have to hammer more tomorrow. The brake line runs right in back of the turbo but the heat shield is still there so should be ok.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
UPDATE: firewall dented in and reinstalled manifold and turbo. Hooked up oil lines now just waiting to get it towed to do exhaust and intercooler piping.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Update got the downpipe done. Also removed bumper and cut down the plastic cover to mount the exhanger.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
UPDATE: intercooler mounted. Next have to run hoses and pump.

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
Wow...nice work, haven't seen that much devotion to a 16V B3V in a long time!

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
UPDATE: spent 1 hour trying to start the car today and wouldn't start. had fuel and spark and checked timing. replaced plugs to and still no start. well then I realized that I never took the cover off the turbo so the system wasn't getting air because I installed the piping so its a closed system now. LOL :confused::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: well after removing the plastic cover it fired right up and I moved it down the street.

going to be replacing the headgasket tomorrow with 2 ABA headgaskets. was going to do stock compression at 10psi and when I wanted to go higher run E85 but I had the head machined so its higher then stock because it was warped. so tomorrow the headgaskets should be replaced and I have some 80lb injectors coming in so i'm going to drop those in with octane booster.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Here is how you modify the aba headgaskets to fit on the 9A.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
UPDATE: it's back together. So current setup is :

80lb Injectors
(2) aba headgaskets
Gt35
2.5in exhaust
2.5in intercooler piping
Air to water intercooler
Ms2

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
UPDATE:

It's up and running at 5psi. After 2 days of diagnostic on the spark cut and stalling when I went into boost. Problem was I damaged the coil wire when reinstalling the intercooler piping. After 2 days of looking for the problem I found it and repaired it and it started boosting fine. Now just have to retune it and cut fuel. Currently getting 9:1-10:1 afr under boost. Still have to get it alignment should be able to get it Saturday

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
UPDATE: got a alignment done finally now it drives straight. Went and removed fuel from the ve table now builds boost faster. Also replaced the intake boot today to a 3.25in to 2.5 90 degree bend and it fits a lot better. Might paint the car blue this color but haven't decided yet.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
UPDATE: tried to tune yesterday and the 02 sonsor failed. Ordered a new sensor and will install tomorrow. Also pulled timing maps off vortex and im going to be redoing my maps tomorrow.

Got a new key in today. And pressure tester.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts