VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any thoughts?
Bought the car, runs fine all the time except first thing in the morning and after work it will turn over for 20+ seconds before actually firing... Earlier today, after the car sat for 3 days, it took a good 2-3 minutes of cranking before it started....
The other clue is that in stop & go traffic, or any time I just creep forward, the car dies as soon as I let off the gas, as in it doesnt attempt to idle, or fails miserably... Idles fine normally, except when I blip the throttle to creep forward... Its extremely annoying when trying to turn left!!!
Anyone had any experiences like this? I can't afford to take it to a shop for investigation, but I need to fix it before I can sell the car...
Thanks in advance!
Stumps

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: '92 8v... Takes forever to start in morning, and dies in traffic.... (zubov)

Ahhh, I gotcha! That really would make a lot of sense, because it never dies unless I just blip the throttle, coming down from higher RPM it never dies....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.