VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I found a '92 Golf GL 2-door with only 54k miles on it. They have the Car Fax on it and nothing was done to the odometer. So these are true miles, I was suprised. Anyway, they are selling it for $4500, kbb.com has it rated at $4885, they have had it for a little over a month now at this dealership, so I'm going to try and talk them down a little on it. My question is, I want to put the G60 arches on it and the regular arches on the rears, will these still work on it? This is the 2-door, and will the bottom plastic peice that goes from each wheel along under the doors fit on this as well? And one more question. When I buy exhaust, suspention and all that, can I still buy the parts as if it were for a 8v GTI? Thanks for your help. I've had an '87 GTI 8v, but never just a regular Golf. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Re: '92 Golf 8v.... should I?? (iFlyVR6)

Hey that sounds like a great ride get it. Yes you can put the 16V or G60 flares on the car but you have to notch the fenders to fit. The molding that goes between the arches on the rocker pannel will fit as well there is a double stick clip that the dealer sells to attach them. When I orderd my exhaust and such I told them it was a 16v. The only reason that wouldn't work is for engine specific items like plug wires cams and such but you already know that. Good luck Dave.. Ahh I just realized it was you Chadwick it's Dave you better stop by if you but that car, I got the jetta fixed it was somthing stupid, shoot me an E-Mail.

[Modified by 88JETTEXTREME, 9:58 AM 11-26-2001]

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Re: '92 Golf 8v.... should I?? (88JETTEXTREME)

I don't know...to me that sounds a little steep for a 2 door golf...but to each their own

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Re: '92 Golf 8v.... should I?? (iFlyVR6)

If I were you, I would get an old head and block and rebuild them to the specs you want and slap that puppy in your '87 GTI.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: '92 Golf 8v.... should I?? (secretsquirrel)

I would do that, but I don't have the GTI anymore. I sold it 3 years ago, just after I bought my GLX.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts