VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
92 GTi, 8V, cam shaft timing problem. timing using flywheel 0? or dampner marking? TDC?

My question is for a 92 GTi Digifant I, ok the timing belt cover has the marks, the top cover and also the bottom cover. I found the mark on my camshaft pulley and lined it up with the marking on the cover, also there was this dot on the piston dampner pulley, which I don't think it is the right mark, however, according the bently it says it is the right mark, I'm not really sure again. I lined that up with the respective marking on the bottom cover. But the timing seems wrong, since in that position the first cylinder is at the highest position possible. My question is, how can I find out the right position on my dampner pulley. Do I have to take out the bottom timing cover too? Or is it possible to adjust it with the flywheel? I just changed my tensioner, and the timing seemed off, since tensioner broke and I think it's passed a few teeth. Any help will be appriciated. I think this is the reason my car doesn't start again. Where should the piston be at TDC? Not the highest position I suppose? Oh by the way distributer is pointing to the first cylinder at this position. umm I am still confused, whether the timing I did was right or wrong.
Thank you,

Modified by zero666cool at 1:57 PM 5-19-2004

Modified by zero666cool at 2:10 PM 5-19-2004

·
Registered
12,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 92 GTi, 8V, cam shaft timing problem. timing using flywheel 0? or ... (zero666cool)

well.. it seems it is fixed noww.. finally.. blue temp sensor was bad...I thought I changed it, but I changed the black one, how stupid

1 - 3 of 3 Posts