exerior condition
how does it run
drive?

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 93 slc for 2500 (limeyscot)

k heres what i know on this thing so far the paint on the rear passenger quarter is pealing up the hood has a dent at the front looks like someone with a truck backed into it the sunroof (obviously) dont work needs a rear view mirror brake and abs warning lights r on and when i test drove it the battery was dead and died when i finished the ride has 103,xxx has the 15" bbs rims not sure if the spoiler lifts or not didnt get to pay attention to that while driving clutch is perfect shifts smooth rides good but i dont know never owned a raddo before so dont know if there was anything else i should have been paying attention for

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (vw mofo)

im gonna offer him 2,000 even and ill probably get it since hes had the thing sittin for 7 months i think he wants the space back

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Re: (Golf8VTurbo25)

sounds like it needs a little work but should be worth 2000 if it runs good, the engine alone is worth that

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Re: (limeyscot)

yeah I would pick it up for 2 grand... Sounds like it has issues, but hey, what Corrado doesn't?? it's definately a fixer upper... good luck http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Re: (MySunRoofWorks)

I think there is a set price to bring ANY corrado back to "like new" (stock) condition. its somwhere around 12-15K.
If you buy a corrado for 2500, you will need to spend another 10K to get it brand new again.
If you spend 10K on a corrado, its going to need another 2-5K to get it perfect.
I spent 7K on mine, and it needs various little things here and there, headlights are cracked, sunroof was fixed, head gasket will need to be changed soon, timing chains, slight body work, etc, etc..
to get it back to brand new will cost about 7000K.
I Think thats just how it goes.

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Re: (kevwithoutacorrado)

hell you can spend $12500 on a perfect vr6 and spend $2500 more on it the day after.
Fortunately our cars are like lepers, even the perfect car today, might fall apart the next week.
welcome to the corrado addiction and lack of pocket book.
I guess if we all heeded the warnings of others we might be richer and driving something else

logic defies buying a corrado. It's a true love-hate relationship.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Re: (mrkrad)

Quote, originally posted by mrkrad »
Fortunately our cars are like lepers, even the perfect car today, might fall apart the next week.
logic defies buying a corrado. It's a true love-hate relationship.

lol, these two quotes REALLY sum up the corrado experience

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (crez)

i learned the pocket drain with my golf a few years ago yet im still addicted to VW's like a bum to crack i just cant help but go towards the money pit

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (Syonara_G60Style)

sorry but the only place i can tell you it is now is at MY HOUSE!
picked it up for a nifty 2000 like i expected now u can all get tons and tons of questions from me on how to fix up my new beast
oh yeah and my sunroof works too!

Modified by Golf8VTurbo25 at 2:07 PM 7-3-2003

1 - 14 of 14 Posts