VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
94 golf, rhd conversion inside

Dont think many guys on here will remember me anymore, its been quite a long time.

Had a lot of cars, all over the VW spectrum but always came back to a MK3. I think this is number 8 or 9.

Anyway....looked a totally rusted out TDI, and then drove around with a buddy killing time till we could go check out this one.

1994 Golf 2.0 Car was originally auto, it was swapped before the po. Has vmaxx or some kinda cheap coils, 16x7 porsche slots, and a jetta front end. It came with extra fenders, golf hood, silver hatch, turbo, smoked e-codes (jetta), and I think some other random stuff. Only real issue right now is it needs a clutch soon, and a new intake tube.

I have some plans, mainly full euro treatment, maybe different wheels, motor swap (cant decide what), possible rhd, and maybe air. Just trying to get back to what Ive had before.

Fresh and home into the garage to unload everything.

IMG_7068 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Had to get some food.

IMG_7074 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Threw on some stickers since it needed a HP boost. Only true OG Air guys will maybe recognize the one sticker. DM if you want one. Also threw on some antlers for that internet cred.

IMG_7093 by minthinrich, on Flickr
IMG_7095 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Ill dig through my phone and post all my older cars.

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Some of my older mk3s and other cars

2004.5 Gli

97 VR Gti supercharged

Vr Gti

Tdi Jetta (the internet famous black on gold rs one)

96 Golf sport, full texture euro bumpers

96 Vr passat

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lucky to me I live very close to Orchid Euro so went down last night and picked up bumpers, rad support, rebar, lip, headlight switch, and amber turns. Wanted a hatch but I will wait on that for now since the car came with a very clean silver hatch that I will probably wrap white this weekend. I will take some pics tonight once I start installing everything.

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Decided to stop home on my lunch break and unload the truck.

Had some spare time so I threw on the rear. Need to grab a tow hook cover and tonight I will try and get these clean.

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After refilling the coolant and everything, the heat still kinda sucks. It works but never really gets hot. Guess I’ll order up a core and check all the flaps/doors.

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Just to double check maybe trapped air, do both heater hoses get hot?
Both felt very hot after the car warmed up. I tried to bleed as good as I could but maybe there is still air. I have the schwaben coolant tool but didn’t use it this time. I will try that however before I pull the dash.

Been busy lately. Did some rust repair and need to work on the passenger floor next. Driver side rocker also needs some attention.

Not the best patch but it’ll work.

Seam sealed the whole plate, also hit with undercoating.

Not sure how rare these are, but picked up some euro Jetta seats. Hard to beat for $50 since they were slightly better than what came in the car.

Ordered another set of 195/45 federals for the rear since the tires on now have sidewalk issues and they are 205/50 or something a little large. They rub the springs I think. Another large purchase hopefully ships today and I will update once that shows up.

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Working on the passenger side rust, forgot to take pics once UPS showed up. Still waiting on the rest which comes tonight.

Only threw in the fronts, thought it would be a little lower.

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That Mk4 rings a bell.
Nice work on the new project so far :thumbup:
I was one of the OG air guys back in the day of masontech lol. I was just talking to a friend about your camo mk4 last week funny enough.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Careful with going that low, the Mk3s eat axles when they get too low. Ask me how I know.
no

My car is about that low and i have not eaten any more axles than it usually does! and i beat the F out of it too with my autocross beatings and burnouts so.... troll somewhere else lol. its the tie rods that can't hack it at that angle unless you mod and flip them around.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts