VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What parts will I need to change my 94 2.0 sohc aba motor to a 2.0 16v dohc I just wanna swap heads so when I forge my motor I can just have a dohc instead of a sohc:laugh:

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
What parts will I need to change my 94 2.0 sohc aba motor to a 2.0 16v dohc I just wanna swap heads so when I forge my motor I can just have a dohc instead of a sohc:laugh:
Haha... wait... what?

First suggestion is that you read the very lengthy DIY/parts list thread in the hybrid forum. This will help you realize that you need to set a goal for the engine before going ahead with the build. The direction the engine is intended to take has a very pronounced effect on the parts list. The only definite is the head (and even then there are 2 castings in North America that you could be looking for), the rest depends on how you plan on going about it. Its definitely not just a matter of swapping the cylinder heads around and even in the most basic of builds can get expensive.

PS: WTF do you mean by "when I forge my motor"?

·
Registered
10,319 Posts
if he wants DOHC, he could always just duct tape another cam on top of the valve cover... :p
DOHC is so last year... TOHC for 2011.

:p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts