VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wanted the R line but didn't want the sunroof. It's too bad they don't offer the R line and SE + trims with sunroof as an option.
I hear you man my previous 3 cars had sunroofs and I had a problem with each at some point lol. Ill make sure the drain holes stay clear and cross my fingers with this one.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I hear you man my previous 3 cars had sunroofs and I had a problem with each at some point lol. Ill make sure the drain holes stay clear and cross my fingers with this one.
My Honda sunroofs have never had an issue knock on wood. But from what I've read I wanted to avoid the ones on VW.

·
Registered
2021 Jetta S, 2018 Passat GT, 2012 Tiguan S
453 Posts
Wanted the R line but didn't want the sunroof. It's too bad they don't offer the R line and SE + trims with sunroof as an option.
Another reason I went with an S in the end. I've never had any trouble with a sunroof including VW, but I still don't like them. They add cost, heat and noise while stealing headroom and of course there is the potential for problems. All for something I never use.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Another reason I went with an S in the end. I've never had any trouble with a sunroof including VW, but I still don't like them. They add cost, heat and noise while stealing headroom and of course there is the potential for problems. All for something I never use.
I've do love having a sunroof, and use it often in my Honda. VW just doesn't have a great track record with them.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I had a Ford convertible in college - - - a Supra with T-tops after the Navy. I sure don't need to fret about vw and the sunroof issue(s). In other news - the 1.4L in my Jetta calc's out to 90% of my late, lamented VW TDI JSW.

Cheers,

ea

1 - 15 of 15 Posts