VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
5,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
the car starts right up, just needs a battery jump.
auto trans is sloppy but shifts.
the vr6 has about 110k on it, I don't think the chains were done.. but they are quiet.
I don't want to part it out so I'm going to hold off on the little things until someone takes the engine.
it's an automatic but i have ALL the 5speed swap parts available to go with it or sold separately.
interior is blue cloth, black plastic.
body is white.
the shell is decent and should hopefully be picked up and turned into a project...
hatch has zero rust.
hood is good, driver side panels are all good.
need this car gone before snow. :snowcool:

as soon as the engine sells, I'll start to part out the rest of the car... not sooner.
or buy the whole car.
make me an offer

I also have lots of random passat parts from a previous partout

pickup large items only.
06606 CT.
I don't text, or have paypal.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Looking for the whole swap. Engine , harness, ecu,ect. Don't need the trans or shifted related items. What price range were you looking at ?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Stuts and springs for me please

·
Banned
5,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I need the back bumper and hatch asap!!!

I'm local and will pick up Let me know!
I have an extra rear bumper that needs paint. aside from that as the opening statement reflects, I'm not parting the car until the engine is sold.... no sense having a running car with missing parts.

if you want the spare rear bumper I have send me a PM....

I also have lots of random passat parts from a previous partout

·
Banned
5,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What color is the interior ?
as i stated in my first post... the interior is blue cloth black plastic.

which basically boils down to black door cards with blue arm rests, dark blue carpet and all the trim is black.

I have the cargo cover for the hatch area, black leather...$100 firm
anything else is OBO.

but again, as previously stated, need a buyer for the engine before anything else goes.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Whole car+

How driveable is it? I only see that the trans is "sloppy" -could you give a little more detail on that (and any other issues)? Thanks!

·
Banned
5,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How driveable is it? I only see that the trans is "sloppy" -could you give a little more detail on that (and any other issues)? Thanks!
i took the car off the road because from cold starts, it lurches into low gears.

put the car in reverse,.. step on gas... wait for it..... then it engages
driving in 3rd gear, slow down for a curve or turn, the trans downshifts, then the upshift back to 3rd is weak and slow.

I wouldn't suggest attempting to make use of this automatic transmission.
if anyone does, thats up to them. If it shifted perfectly i wouldn't be trying to get rid of it, or I would be asking more $.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts