VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
6,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is actually a second go round since the first build was destroyed when vortex shat itself. Original thread found here... http://vb.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4868702-95-Cabrio-Interior-Build

The car is a black mk3 vw cabrio and currently has tan leather interior. We will be replacing the front seats with a pair of Recaro LS's and re-wrapping everything in a high quality red synthetic leather. We plan to cover both front seats, rear, panels, pillars, and wrap the dash in black suede. I will post more pics as the build progresses

Recaro LS's currently grey leather

Starting on the pattern

Black french seam. The material is much closer to a blood red then the pics show, the lighting just sucks where i have been taking the pics.

Here is a picture of the jacket 90% complete prior to install

This is the old jacket that we removed from the back of the seat. Recaro actually used good leather for these but you can see where they are starting to wear on the bolster.

The back with good foam, it looks like the leather actually did a very good job of preserving the foam.

Applying the new jacket..

Im going to put this in bold so i know people read it...This is a good example of why we recommend professional installation on our jackets. At this point the average joe would be left with some wrinkles and bunches like you see here in the pics.

These next steps seem simple but you could damage the material fairly easily if you didnt know what you were doing. Its a mix of massaging the material into place and steaming it to obtain the perfect fit. (also an example of how perfect our patterns are which you wont find with most shops)

And here is the final product (for this bolster).. Now time for bed hopefully i wont wake up with this green death in my chest tomorrow and can have some more updates soon.

·
Banned
6,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
So just for fun i threw in a few inserts in to see if anything really caught my eye. Still kind of leaning towards a red dual diamond stitch center.

Oh and so i dont get banned :D

·
Banned
6,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Also here is the pic of the car... some of you may remember it from the utter bashfest of a thread i made for it a year or so ago (the 15" th lines are gone.. yes you all were right... they were too small for a cabrio :D)

·
Registered
15,291 Posts
the front end of that Cabrio needs to come down.

I can't really lend an opinion to what insert would work without seeing the interior ron

·
Banned
6,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Did you miss the part where i said it was my girls car?? Not going any lower lol

It should actually be getting a respray and some new wheels soon. Anybody have 16-17" wheels they are selling who might be interested in interior work?? :D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.