VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back my wife took the Passat to get the oil changed. After they returned, I noticed that the interior lights didn't work. Upon further examination, I found the following:
1. No interior lights work when doors opened or lights switched to ON.
2. Clock resets to 12:00 and trip odometer (as well as MPG, avg time, etc.) to 0 at every ignition.
3. Automatic door locks, trunk release do not work.
4. Cigarette lighter power does not work.
5. Headlights, turn lights, radio, AC still work.
I checked the fuses and they all look good. No loose wires that I could find. I took it back to where we got the oil changed and had the Service Manger inspect it to no avail.
Any ideas? I haven't taken it in anywhere else yet. I would be surprised if the oil change had anything to do with it, but stranger things have happened.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Re: 95 Passat GLS: possible electrical problem - no interior lights, locks, clock. (Doppelgeist)

I'm not sure what number it is but if you pull the 15 amp fuse that is second from the right end of the panel, you should find it is blown. Mine does it constantly and if you find out why, let me know!!!!
I've checked a number of things and can't pinpoint anything. I do know that it generally happens what I lock the door. I come back to the car and it is blown. I have tried NOT locking the doors and it still blows so I'm stumped.
Jeff

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 95 Passat GLS: possible electrical problem - no interior lights, locks, clock. (jpete)

Jpete,
That was it, but the fuse was 20 amp.
I'm not sure what I was looking at when it happened in the beginning, but I could have sworn it wasn't the fuse. Oh well - thanks for making me doublecheck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts