VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just changed my battery and don`t know how to reset the radio, its not in the Bentley Manual. The battery that was in the car was too small (bought it used) guess what the power windows work MUCH better now. I had disconected the passenger front window because it would run its self up and down while driving. As the battery died I noteced the other windows did the same , could be low voltage problem. I will find out . Thanks for info on radio.

·
I could've been a contender.
41,106 Posts
Re: 95 passat radio code (Russ)

well, your radio code MAYBE in your owner's manual...each radio came w/ it's own code & most of the time, it was typed on a small card that was in your owners manual packet.
but since you bought it used, i doubt the code is still in the car. you best bet is to go to a VW dealer w/ the # on the back of the headunit & they will be able to give you the code. better yet, take the headunit in.
bill

·
Registered
8,693 Posts
Re: 95 passat radio code (Russ)

if you know the code, its easy. Your radio should look like this:

turn radio on, you will see "SAFE"
Press and hold the "SEEK" and the two "scan" buttons for a few seconds until you see the screen change..
input your 4-digit code using the first 4 buttons of your radio presets. press each preset button until the correct number is displayed for each digit.
verify that code is correct; press hold the "SEEK" and the two "scan" buttons for a few seconds until you see the screen change..
That's it, you're done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts