VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i just got a '97 GTi Vr6 Driver's Edition in Jazz Blue and i am going to start modifying it. I don't want to spend more than about 1000 dollars right now. Anyone have any ideas of first mods i should do to it. Exterior, interior, or performance mod, anything you think that a de could use. All suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Re: '97 Jazz Blue GTi Vr6...Time for mods! (MrJazzBlue)

Most people here will tell you "coilovers, and dump it!!!" but I'll disagree.
Suspension is one of the most important mods to do to a car, but one of the biggest differences you can make in getting more power to the ground is getting a Limited Slip Differential (LSD).
I recommend Peloquin, through http://thescirocco.com and would advise against buying a Quaife, though they make a very good product, because they are playing Monopoly.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts

I have FK coils on my car right now.. the ride is about the same as H&R coils..
i like it and it's way cheaper than H&R...
Anyways.. the first mod.... hmmm... i think my first mod was this....

the blue tail light.. heh

[Modified by BlueVR, 10:22 PM 4-11-2002]

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Re: '97 Jazz Blue GTi Vr6...Time for mods! (BlueVR)

congrats, i love jazzblue.
as for your question, here goes.
1) euro lip $89us shipped cullen
2) H&R cup kit $599 ? porterman
3) mk4 lights $350
4)GIAC chip $125 ?
thats what I would do, its alittle more then a G but that would set u off pretty good
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Re: '97 Jazz Blue GTi Vr6...Time for mods! (4NRYDE)

quote:[HR][/HR]i got me some FK coilovers, they're the shiz.. and was only $700 shipped.... the other $300, go find some used golf IV headlights or something
[HR][/HR]​
where did u get these fk's from for 700 shipped?
i want coils myself, but i cant justify paying 1100 for susp. 700 sounds good to me

·
Registered
2,723 Posts

When I started modding, the first thing I ran out and did was buy wheels. I then did intake, exhaust tint and other stuff. I went to the Nopi Nationals in Atlanta and was parked in a row of other Dubs. Mine looked like everybody else's daddy. Nice wheels and the car looked fairly good IMHO but I never realized it looked like such a monster truck until that day. Shortly after I got my H&R coilovers to bring me down off that VERY HIGH horse. If I had it to do over again I would have done the coils first. Just my $0.12 ...

·
Banned
1,266 Posts
Re: '97 Jazz Blue GTi Vr6...Time for mods! (igneousGOlF)

I would definately also reccomend FK's. I installed mine on Monday, got it aligned yesterday, and I LOVE them!!!!!!! This was my first mod, actually 2nd, i got a Eurosport intake 1st, but I would definately reccomend these, I love the ride and the price can't be beat. Congrats on the new ride, i loved the day I got mine

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Re: '97 Jazz Blue GTi Vr6...Time for mods! (DubinBuffalo)

quote:[HR][/HR]I installed mine on Monday, got it aligned yesterday, [HR][/HR]​
Good point. Please get it aligned as soon as you install the suspension unless you have money to dish out on new tires.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts

...welcome to the tex...everyone will tell u suspension, which is very important, but Starbug has a good point...limited slip differential would be awesome...if u got the moeny i would say either LSD or coilovers http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
...or u could just get those windshield washer nozzle lights and a fire extinguisher...jk

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.