VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm selling my 97 Mk3 VW Jetta 2.0L 5 Speed as an entire parts car due to a car accident I had a couple of months ago had no major damage only a busted bumber and hood which I fixed myself since I'm an Automotive Tech, had my insurance company take a look at the car before it was fixed and they deemed the car a total loss so my baby is no longer insurable unless I take it to one of there autobody companys to perform the work that I have already done for $2500 which I don't have in order for my car to be 100% and be insurables so my loss is someone's gain...
Ok here's the good,
The engine runs great only 93000 orginal miles as does the body, car has never burnt oil,oil change every 3000 miles, 5 speed transmission, comes with extra right fender, extra front bumper,
Techtonic cat-back exhaust with stainless steel borla muffler which cost me $430 only installed for two months before accident, changed front control arm bushing which I purchased for
german auto parts also left tie-rod, two new general altimax tires about $65 each, and more....
Now the Bad:
the 5 speed transmission not in the greatest shape but works fine, right fender was slightly damaged in accident but as I said before I have an extra one in good condition just did have time to
change, driver side window doesn't go down motor works fine but I think I broke the regulator, I don't have a/c due to removal of condensor but the compressor works fine.... The
transmission has no major problems car was my daily driver, on cold winter days it was hard to shift into 2nd gear but once the car was warmed up it would shift like a dream..

The car was my daily driver it runs strong... I love this car just don't have the money to keep it going... I'm selling it as a whole parts car don't have a garage to sell it piece by piece. My

asking price is $750 firm please no low ballers I have spent a lot of money on this car and with all the extra pieces I'm throwing in its a steal...
I also have a set of New never installed Eibach pro-kit performance springs for $200 P/U only and a use Neuspeed P-FLO cold-air intake with K&N cleaner kit $80

You can contact me @ [email protected] or 347-237-7282 anytime I will try to get back to you ASAP..
Thank you,
Fred

DON'T KNOW HOW TO UPLOAD PICS. IF YOU WANT PICS JUST CALL OR EMAIL ME WILL SEND ASAP...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (jettalandon)

yes the cars is driveable I drove it to boston and back one week before the insurance expired 4/2/2010 and have been turning it on every tuesday and wednesday took it to my mechanic one week ago for a quick once over. if your still interested give me a call at 347-237-7282 can show the car all day tomorrow or from 9am-2pm sat & sun

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.